At Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, we are looking for an R&D Intern to work in an innovative workspace at our site in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. As Intern you will be working on the development and characterization of a new polymer-based medical device.
- € 650,- gross per month (based on fulltime)
- Learn and grow your potential
- Develop your skills and gain experience
You are an HLO/WO chemistry student in his/her last year, looking for a place to do your last or second-to-last internship.
Next to this:
- You are available May 2023 onwards for 40 hrs a week and you are looking for an internship of at least 5 months;
- Your are able to read, write, talk, present in English. Dutch is a bonus;
- You have experience and are interested in working with polymers and analytical chemistry tools;
- You are interested to use your knowledge in organic and/or polymer chemistry for the development of medical innovations;
- You want to work in a young and energetic team, as part of an ambitious and dynamic company;
- You know how to work precisely, and are aware of the high importance of journalling your work;
- You are eager to learn, dare to ask questions, and possess a proactive mindset.
Your work will be focused on the development and the performance testing of a polymer-based medical device. You will create various versions of the product by adding multiple
chemical “building blocks” to one another in different ways and ratios. Furthermore, you will perform analytical tests with these products, for which technologies like NMR, Karl Fisher, SEC, among others, are used. Also, you will perform mechanical tests to determine the product’s gelation time, hygroscopicity, degradability, and rheological properties.
General activities are:
- Clear and precise administration and documentation of all experimental work;
- Working in a safe environment, with all safety regulations in mind during preparation, experimentation, and cleaning.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to
treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Are you interested in this internship position? Don't hesitate to send us your application!