- 07 maart 2019
- vacaturenummer: 9064703
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Logistics Manager in Europoort. As Assistant Logistics Manager you are responsible for the planning of logistical flows, handling of transports for customers, efficient processing of purchase and sales contracts and the handling of logistics documents for 2 different product groups. You are responsible for the department when the logistics Manager is absent.
Including the Logistics Manager and yourself, the Logistics department consists of 9 employees. You maintain daily contacts with the commercial organization, the production organization, customers and with forwarders.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the main duties of this role will include:
- Back-up of the Logistics Manager Beans & Meal
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the logistical flows, such that the agreed service levels and the production demand are met at the minimal costs and as such that the available capacity is optimally utilized
- Supporting employees in their daily work which includes the execution of contracts, administrating contract positions and the handling of shipping documents for import and export
- Development and training of employees
- Maintaining and developing contacts with customers and forwarders
- Liaising with trading, production, Finance department, customers and suppliers
- (Advising on) logistic related procurement
- Continuously improving the department's activities through automation and other initiatives
- Accurate and timely reporting
The ideal candidate:
- Has a bachelor degree in Logistics or Business Economics;
- Has good knowledge and experience of logistical processes at European and global level
- Has experience with the execution of contracts, preferably knowledge of contracts like Gafta / Fosfa / Vernof / etc
- Is the connecting element between the departments of logistics, commerce, production and finance
- Has excellent communication skills in Dutch, English and preferably German;
- Has excellent knowledge of Excel and has knowledge of other applications like MS office and logistical applications;
- Has strong analytical skills and has a drive to improve the business and logistics processes
- Is ambitious to further develop him/herself and wants to grow within the organization to take a future bigger role
- Is a great team player who masters the art of coaching, training, coordination and communication
- Has a proactive mentality and can work under high levels of stress
- Is prepared to travel
Our client offers a challenging job in the Logistics department, with opportunities for personal input and plenty of discussions with other professionals.
Internationale company specialized in food and feed products with a production company for specialized ingredients.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Baris Karabulut via telefoonnummer +31 0683973418
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.