- 18 februari 2019
- vacaturenummer: 9063890
Place in the organization:
The department Development is part of the innovation chain of Philips Consumer Lifestyle in the business unit Male Grooming. The department contains about 160 engineers divided in functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the development of Philips Shavers, Trimmers and Hybrids (One Blade). One of these specialized groups is Machining, Measuring and Materials and for this group we are looking for a Metrology Engineer.
A Metrology Engineer owns the knowledge necessary to develop and maintain a measurement process within agreed performance indicators. He or she is responsible for the development and deployment of measurements of critical to quality (CTQ) parameters to support function development, process development and production processes in the factory. It involves the definition what to measure, the choice of data gathering (scanning), development of algorithms to process the data and formulate conclusions with function and process developers.
Different measuring machines (CMM’s) and different sensor technologies are used to measure our 3D shapes in an accuracy range of microns.
The following main tasks are relevant for this job:
- Assess new product proposals on measurability.
- Write a measurement solution document where the definition and solution are explained.
- Set up a scanning method including machine choice, fixture design and measuring scripts.
- Writing of data processing algorithms (e.g. in Matlab, Python, C++).
- Execute a measuring system analysis to validate the accuracy of the solution.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to map causes of deviation.
- Write functional specifications for measurement solutions in the factory to steer the production process.
- Academic or Bachelor degree in preferably Metrology, Mechanics, Physics or Mathematics.
- Feeling for precision metal working and geometrical measurements.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (DfSS).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player.
- Ability to communicate on different levels (management, technical specialists, external suppliers).
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Within Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2.000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities, it’s an inspiring environment to work in.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.