- 02 januari 2019
- vacaturenummer: 9061874
As System Engineering Expert – Quality and Reliability you are responsible for the realization and management of product quality and reliability targets in product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, e.g. advanced development, product development, launch and/or sustaining.
You will be mainly involved in designing in, proving and improving quality, reliability and regulatory (e.g. safety, environmental, EMC) aspects in healthcare products and associated production processes. In your role, you will define and manage the quality and reliability strategy in a professional way and take responsibility for execution and delivery of results. You will maintain and develop knowledge and expertise resulting in service propositions that are attractive to your customers.
As System Engineering expert - Quality and Reliability Expert you will
• Apply and Facilitate Design for Quality, Reliability, and Testing (DfX) best practices in development projects.
• Work with project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to identify and manage Quality and Reliability requirements
• Develop actionable quality management plans to release products and processes according to specified quality levels
• Manage & execute risk identification activities, e.g. set up the risk management plan, facilitate e.g. user, design or process FMEA, fault tree analysis, …
• Set up and manage design, parameter and/or process optimization, verification and validation test activities.
• Use established Business Excellence methodologies such as DfSS, DMAIC, Statistical Engineering (Shainin tools), PDCA, Kaizen events, SPC, 8D ...
• Provide data driven expert opinion on root cause analysis of failure modes
• Liaise with other expert centers, lab facilities to execute reliability investigations and tests
• Deploy best practices for quality, reliability and requirements engineering globally in Philips to R&D project teams or organizations via training & coaching to enhance maturity
• Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses and develop actionable proposals and plans to address these
• Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices
The Product Quality & Reliability team is part of Reliability Solutions service of Philips Innovation Services and is a dynamic group of more than 20 experts in the field of Reliability and Quality engineering. As part of the Q&R service, they have direct access to a broad range of product reliability test- and material analyze facilities and experts.
All are DfSS Green belt or Black Belt, active in designing in or improving reliability of complex, innovative products and processes for our customers from both internal Philips businesses as well as external companies, located all over the world.
We are looking for
• PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a business R&D environment
• Experience of working in a regulated environment or a medical device company has a strong preference
• A proven track record in the application of quality and reliability best practices (DfSS, DfR)
• Experience in manufacturing quality control and improvement programs is highly preferred.
• In-depth knowledge and a proven track record in implementing and applying concepts in the fields of design in quality and reliability, testing and problem solving techniques and quality tools in projects
• DfSS/DMAIC Black Belt or equal by experience
• You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions.
• Excellent reporting and documentation skills
• Experience with working with quality and reliability tools and templates, e.g. Minitab, JMP, Reliasoft, FMEA, FTA, HAZOP, …
• Excellent consultancy skills and the ability to connect with business stakeholders
• Good project management skills
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are :
• Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to manage change.
• Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies.
• Customer focused, have excellent communication skills and you are a team player.
• Fluent in English
• Willing to travel a substantial part of the job.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
At YACHT we will offer you a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position.
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Sciences industry.
You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.