- 21 december 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9061717
For the Packaging Department of Philips Consumer Lifestyle we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will work on packaging development from concept to proven detailed construction in a multidisciplinary team.
As a Mechanical Engineer you translate a chosen concept into an integrated solution. Making sure the design is fulfilling all requirements. You design and validate the construction of the package and further detail the parts in 3D and 2D towards final Technical Product Documentation.
As a Mechanical Engineer in the Packaging Team you will be responsible for:
- Creating one or more alternatives for a module construction
- Proof that your construction fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing)
- Detail 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in cPLM system (Windchill)
- Planning and realizing your own work and manage the interfaces with the product
- Re-use of existing knowledge (known concepts)
- Document your choices and proof in a Design History File (evidence document)
- You have an education on Bachelor level in Mechanical Engineering
- You have minimal 2 years of experience as a mechanical engineer. Preferably in designing Consumer Products
- You are familiar with design and manufacturing of mechanical constructions in plastic;
- You have the ability to proof construction concepts by calculation, simulation and/or prototypes
- You have experience with Solid Works and/or NX
- You show drive and are quality driven.( The ability to balance innovation and practical realization, you are able to think on conceptual level but are also hands-on.)
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Within Philips Consumer Lifestyle in Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2.000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities, it’s an inspiring environment to work in.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.