- 04 december 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9061019
We are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer with a proven track record in building data workflows and data products at scale, to join the world’s leading online classifieds business. Given the pace the industry is moving, we are constantly investigating technical advancements that can improve the way we leverage data to deliver compelling user experiences. You will be part of our central data team, working with highly skilled engineers and scientists to help deliver our strategy around leveraging Big Data and advanced Data Science techniques to transform our business across the globe.
• Work closely with developers, product managers and data science teams around eCG to develop new ideas, implement and test them, and measure success
• Work with data scientists to translate algorithms into cleanly coded data products
• Use your and Big Data infrastructure knowledge to improve our data systems
The application procedure
1. Apply with your resume and notify your Github account!
2. The first intake will be with 2 team members and this will be a technical interview
3. 2nd intake will be with the manager and this will be more on the soft skills
Your team will be the CDATA team which is the central data team that started 2 years earlier. Within this team, they are engaged in Bigdata for the entire company and all it worldwide labels. The team consists of only data engineers and data scientist. The team is now working on consumer tracking to optimize the customer experience.
The team is purely a back-end team and has a lot of data in the pipeline so they are working with an immense load of data. Origin of the team members: Cameroon / Turkey / China / UK / Norway etc so this is an international team and environment. The atmosphere can be considered senior and mature.
Keywords: Bigdata / / Spark / Cassandra / / Streaming / / Scala
• 5+ years of professional experience in big data engineering with an established track record of making things that work at scale
• Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar field a plus
• Experience with Scala and Java 8 programming languages
• Knowledge and experience with Python is a plus
• Hands-on experience with a big-data ecosystem – Hadoop, Yarn, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, Kafka Streams, Luigi, Airflow
• Knowledge of event-driven design
• Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
• Proactive, curious and self-motivated
• Fluency in English and great communication skills and ability to concisely deliver recommendations & proposals
• Preferred experience with a cloud computing environment – Amazon EC2, Google Cloud, Azure
• Some experience with machine learning models
What you can expect from the client::
• A harmonious, informal, international and playful work environment
• Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer-facing products
• Access to tools and resources to do your job
• Continuous Deployment of product changes to get rapid feedback about your work
• Being part of a company with a history and great potential
International ecommerce company
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Joey Winter via telefoonnummer 06-10351769
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.