- 28 november 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9060803
Improve not only your career, but also improve at the OEM of the Netherlands!
In this function of Product improvement Engineer you report to the supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project lead engineer of the running business project team. The running business team is responsible for maintaining the engines currently in production. In this team you have a variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with designers and mechanical component experts you develop new or adapt existing Constructions for the Base Engine platforms by market wishes and / or technical reasons.
- Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with mechanical experts, the CAE and engine test department. You analyse results and make detailed technical proposals to resolve issues.
- You work closely together with EU and NA service organisation and testing department to quickly analyse and resolve emerging field issues.
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma techniques and Agile project management.
- Bachelor or master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- Capable of fast in dept expertise knowledge built-up
- Engine component and system knowledge
- Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- In depth analysis of engine logs and customer field data related to engine fault codes
- Analysis of complex set of data
• Clear communication [both verbal as presentation wise]
• Pro-Active and result driven,
• Good organisational skills
• Experience with correlating field data with events is an advantage.
• Automotive [Engine Hardware] knowledge is a Pre
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 5 groups; Engine CAE, Fuel Injection & Turbo, Base Engine, Engine Auxiliaries and Engine Aftertreatment. For the Base Engine group we have an open position for an engine development engineer in the running business group.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robert Dolmans via telefoonnummer 06-82724609
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.