- 09 november 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9060042
Experienced Thermal & Flow Technologist
End-to-end responsibility for thermal management and thermal dynamics in high-performance mechatronic systems. PhD in Mechanical Engineering/Applied Physics (preferably thermal, flow or dynamics(/control) specialization), interest in the thermal/flow field is a must.
You will be responsible for the thermal management in Mechatronic development projects. Your activities range from thermal design studies with Matlab and flow network modeling in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance by thermal, thermo-mechanical and CFD modelling in Ansys (FEM) in the detailed engineering phase. Additionally experimental validation of the predicted thermal/flow behavior in our customers’ systems is a crucial aspect of your contribution. Multi-disciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success.
Philips Innovation Services has a wide range of disciplines and know-how to serve our customers in bringing their innovations to market. The Mechatronics department, with approximately 150 employees, is unique in its system design approach which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. Next to that a lot of our mechatronics solutions are applied in consumer products and healthcare systems. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
The Mechatronics Technology group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 30 specialists in the field of Control, Dynamics, Acoustics, Smart Sensing, Tribology and Thermal management. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like semiconductors and solar power.
• An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
• A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge
into practice - fast.
• Training and guidance to become an independent thermal & flow technologist
• Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development.
• Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains
• Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
We are looking for
• A Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics (preferably thermal or dynamics(/control) specialization) is a must.
• 3 – 5 years of work experience is a must.
• Knowledge of FEM (e.g. Ansys/Comsol) is highly desired;
• Customer centric attitude, interested in executing R&D projects for customers.
• Solid analytical attitude combined with interest and skills for experimental validation;
• Knowledge of modelling in Matlab/Simulink is required;
• Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory and actuation principles is preferred;
• Knowledge of Fluid Dynamics and CFD software (e.g. ANSYS CFX/Fluent) is preferred;
• Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers.
• Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English;
• Motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges.
• Willingness to travel globally and regularly
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply!
Yacht is an Employer of Choice for many BSc, MSc, or PhD tech professionals who enjoy working in the famous Dutch High Tech industry. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group, we operate as a strategic workforce partner for many international companies. We help them to build a competitive and agile workforce.
This extensive network of top level employers offers our Yacht employees a lot of challenging projects, dealing with cutting edge technologies. Working for Yachts means you could work for respected tech companies like: ASML, Philips, TNO, Thermo Fisher, DAF, VDL, Océ and many others. So would you like to work in the top of the global High Tech, join us.
Are you planning an innovation and looking for ways to improve your time to market?
How can you make sure that it is designed to be manufactured cost-effectively and reliable?
Do you lack specific competences? Maybe a tough technical challenge requires an out-of-the box
solution? Or do you need a maturity step in one of your processes or products?
Philips Innovation Services is an innovation service provider,
Philips want you to be successful in delivering your innovations to the market, where they
can matter to customers and society as a whole. The mission of Philips Innovation Services is
to accelerate your innovation. Inside and outside Philips, from start-up to multinational.
Being globally active with almost 1,000 specialized experts and 10,000 m2 of high-tech
infrastructure, we can accelerate your innovation with development, realization and consultancy
in these key areas of expertise.
Interested to work via Yacht at Philips?
Please send your applicatition asap and we hope to meet you soon at our addres at the High
Tech Campus 32 in Eindhoven or via a skype call.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.