- 28 oktober 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9057974
Yacht has a current vacancy for the position of GC-MS Technologist at Sabic. We are looking for a skilled analytical technician with experience in Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry and with broad knowledge in instrumental analysis. This job is located in Geleen, the Netherlands.
Use experience in Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry to provide the analytical deliverables and to co-develop advanced solutions required by our internal technology customers in the field of Chemicals and Petrochemicals. Equipment in scope includes direct insertion probe (accurate mass) MS and advanced GC-MS techniques.
Your tasks & responsibilities, among others, as GC-MS Technologist are:
- Provide technical and personal support in the area of gas chromatography and mass spectrometry;
- Provide chemical characterization and problem solving expertise to support product development programs, customer and manufacturing issue resolution;
- The drive to implement a wide range of GC and GC-MS methods with various detection techniques (MS, FID, SCD) and develop methodologies to support SABIC’s long-term vision – translate the needs of our internal customers into analytical solutions;
- Perform development of new GC methods as well as routine GC testing to support SABIC R&D activities;
- Ensure equipment availability through timely maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Advise new instrumental techniques to implement at SABIC lab in order to better support the needs of the customers, organize and perform their evaluation. Drive implementation of new equipment in the lab;
- Maintain contact with instrument vendors in the area of GC;
- Prepare written reports, presentations and operating procedures;
- Actively participate in discussions with internal customers to advise on analytical solutions and to communicate the results;
- Contribute to team activities in GC area and beyond.
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- MSc, BSc or MBO/MLO degree with minimum 3 years experience in analytical chemistry;
- Experience with gas chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques, and an affinity to petrochemical processes;
- Experience with new method development, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical equipment;
- Familiarity with MS Office (in particularly Word and Excel®) and Agilent data processing software (especially MassHunter®) are desired.
- Ability to drive your own performance, sense of urgency;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
The Analytical Technology team is part of the SABIC Corporate Technology and Innovation (T&I) organization, with multiple locations in Europe. The analytical technology team (>30 FTEs) provides analytical characterization expertise to support T&I programs across Strategic Business Units such as PETCHEM and SPECIALITY. The Chemical Characterization Laboratories are well equipped with an extensive array of modern analytical techniques in the area of advanced chromatography, spectroscopy, elemental analysis, morphology / microscopy.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Simon Hozi via telefoonnummer 06-23247281
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.