- 10 september 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9057696
YACHT is looking for a Demand Specialist for an international company in safety and security industry.
The Demand Specialist supports different departments in the organization by providing operational support and driving business control. You understand business processes to improve the way business in EMEA is conducted, in alignment with overall market requirements and supply chain targets. The Demand Specialist is a specialist function in a variety of operational areas.
The Demand Specialist works in the Production, Supply and Inventory department, reporting directly into the teamleader, though working closely with the Demand Planner and S&OP Analyst. This Demand Planning position is responsible for the long-term forecasting activities for the entire EMEA organization. This role creates and maintains forecast models incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources.
- Manage monthly cycle of product forecast process and weekly forecast updates
- Develop demand forecast at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine forecast models to reflect updated Sales and Marketing assumptions
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Demand Planner to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Ensures timely publication of internal reporting; monthly forecast templates, preparation of EMEA S&OP decks and forecast accuracy reporting.
- Secure forecasting tool knowledge and maintain related standard work
- Drive Business Process Improvement and Financial Accountability
- Maintain excellent relationship within PSI team, finance and IT
- Recommend and provide active support in business improvements projects
- Perform ad-hoc Analysis and participate in Projects
- Manage and execute all incoming requests for business analysis
- Manage or participate in departmental improvement projects
- Participate in business improvement projects
- Management Reporting and Data Management
- Provide regular reports on results, including variance reporting and KPI reporting
- Safeguard data accuracy
- Develop, Control and maintain forecast system
- A Bachelor to Master education in Supply chain / Statistics / Mathematics
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of planning and forecasting processes and tools
- Operates independently on specific work field.
- Discretion and integrity are highly important.
- APICS or specific forecasting certification are preferred
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Affinity with advanced IT systems
- Knowledge on working with Demantra and Oracle APS PROD is preferred
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills. Interpersonal skills are also required to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
You will get a contract directly from the client. This is a fulltime job where you get many possibilties to improve your skills and position within the organization.
Known by YACHT
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Schirien van der Borgh via telefoonnummer 06-10952108
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.