- 21 augustus 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9057182
Will you accelerate digital innovation in the Philips Health Continuum covering healthy living, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and home care?
Are you ready to embrace the challenge to work together in a multidisciplinary team to define, design, realize, and verify complex electronic circuits and systems that are part of connected solutions, encompassing the cloud, portable devices, and all devices in-between the major components of a system?
Do you want to empower yourself, take initiative, innovate and constantly strive to deliver better solutions?
As Senior Electronics Designer Connectivity you are responsible for:
• Supporting the system designer or architect in the definition of scope and problem domain, the translation of
customer wishes into clear requirements, and the translation of applicable standards and regulations to their technical
• Design, realization and verification of a system, subsystem or component, understanding and communicating
consequences of the design on the architecture
• Working with focus on customer needs and technological competitiveness, and keeping an outside-in approach in mind
for the designs
• Supporting the system designer or architect in the identification of technical risks and potential mitigations
• Development on basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications, and analysis and
verification of their performance
• Finalizing design specifications, schematics, drawings, code, and writing test scenarios for the developed modules or
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into the subsystem
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware, software, and/or mechanics
• Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way, while keeping the costs
of the activities in line with the calculated budget
• Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader
We are looking for
• A Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics or Electronic Engineering
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in Electronics or Electrical product development
• Experience in innovative development projects, comfortable with the funnel from relatively vague requirements to
a well-defined project with committed stakeholders
• Experience with implementation and verification of Cellular IoT Connectivity standards (4G/5G, LTE CAT M1, NB-IoT,
LoRa, …), their complex eco-systems, their application domains, and their key components in a consumer/professional
product environment, encompassing hardware (including the radio part) and (low level) firmware (i.e. emphasis on layers
1-2 of the OSI model)
• Knowledge of quality & regulatory standards that apply to Connectivity (FCC, ETSI, …), development of electronic
systems in general, and/or the Healthcare domain
• Experience with risk management and problem solving tools and methods
• Experience with C or C++ to work with the embedded Connectivity firmware, and/or with Python to work with PC-based
test tooling is a plus
• Proven track record of applying a structured and precise way of working
• Excellent communication skills, and a customer centric attitude combined with a problem solving and pragmatic attitude
• Experience in an Agile way of working
• Experience with working in multidisciplinary and multi-site development teams
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended
Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
The Electronic department is part of Philips Innovation Services and located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). We make a major contribution to the development of many digitally connected Philips products, systems and services. We deliver solutions from first-of-a-kind to mass-production, in multi-disciplinary one-roof teams. We focus on electronics and software development, backed up by 800+ specialists in adjacent competence areas. We work closely together with other Philips R&D departments and with key component suppliers to realize the digital innovation ambition of Philips. We are a certified organization (ISO9001, ISO13485) and are highly experienced in applying standards & regulations (e.g. IEC60601, IEC62304, ISO14971, MDD, FDA).
Your team works according to the Agile methodology, applying the principles of Scrum. You will work on highly innovative propositions, new to Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.