- 09 april 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9052124
This position will report to the VP - Global Logistics and is responsible for the project management of building out of the facility, starting up and management of the new location. This position requires an experienced person who is skilled at teamwork, independent thinking, and good decision-making skills. The ability to understand all facets of facility regulatory requirements for county, state and federal laws. Project management, startup experience and operating experience required.
The Hoofddorp Logistics Center is one operating facility within the network of logistics centers.
The incumbent will have overall responsibility for the Livingston, NJ Logistics Center with direct reports in order fulfillment, warehousing, logistics management; he/she will have indirect relationships with Quality Assurance and Business Development, who will be housed in the facility and engineering, information technology and accounting, who will be housed at headquarters.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Accomplished logistics manager with strong recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, motivating, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Will assist the Vice President - Technology in managing the launch of the new facility. (i.e. hiring personnel, setting up work cells, managing the construction work to ensure the project is on schedule)
• Achieves warehouse operational objectives by active management and contribution of information and recommendations to Vice President – Global Logistics.
• Prepares annual operating plan for the Center; carries out agreed on action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolves problems; assist in completing client audits; and reports operating trends.
• Meets Logistics Center operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Works with the Technology department to develop warehouse operations systems to determine product handling and storage requirements.
• Works with management in ; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, receiving, recycling, re-inventorying and shipping.
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing site specific requirements and , following, and enforcing standards and procedures in compliance with company policy and legal regulations.
• Secures property by implementing protection and access policies and procedures.
• Updates job personal knowledge by participating in company’s educational opportunities, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and ; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes Logistics Center operations and organization mission of being client centered.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the facility and equipment.
• Indirect responsibility for Quality Assurance representative for the facility. Will assist the VP of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs in implementing and maintaining the Global Quality System. Will host client quality audits from clients.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 10+ years prior experience with warehousing and/or cross dock logistics operations
• 5+ years prior experience with logistics management
• Project management experience
• 3+ years prior experience with international logistics preferred
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook
• Working knowledge of ERPs
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and find innovative ways of delivering solutions
• Proven record of initiative and dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients
• Results driven, attention to detail, process-oriented.
• Ability to meet deadlines consistently
• Ability to listen, understand and evaluate logistical issues.
• Ability to solve practical problems (logistical & situational) and deal with multiple variables.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to develop professional, supportive relationships with clients, carriers, vendors and internal employees..
• Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development as well as building a strong operating team..
Start with a 1-year contract with an option to extend to permanent
Salary between €75 - €90K annually
You will travel to the US in the first week for training
Our client is an American company opening a new facility in The Netherlands. They are the premier provider of cold chain logistics solutions for biopharmaceutical, IVF and animal health organizations around the world.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Anjana Makhan via telefoonnummer 06-30390108
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.