- 22 maart 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9051266
For the Engine Integration & Validation (EI&V) department DAF Trucks is currently looking for an Engine Performance Engineer. In this position you will:
- Analyze current and future powertrain performance such as Engine fuel efficiency, In-engine energy flows and Engine + After treatment emission robustness
- Perform analyses based on existing measurement data
- Initiate and carry out dedicated tests
- Report and present the results
- Based on the analyses, provide suggestions for improvement
- Align with stakeholders and explain barriers
- Provide solutions for technological barriers
- Optimize and develop analyses- and calculation techniques
- Align with the Engine Test Center which new measurement techniques should be investigated to enable new analyses.
- Develop new analysis techniques and tools, and make available for the EI&V department
The ideal candidate brings the following experience with him/her to DAF Trucks:
- You have a Master’s degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering with proven affinity with Diesel engines and/or Heavy Duty Powertrains;
- Experience with Engine Development;
- Experience with Matlab;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
- We are looking for someone who: takes initiative, pays attention to details, and works analytical en result driven;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable;
- Experience with Concerto is preferable.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Within PACCAR Inc. DAF is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-the-art engine development center we develop engine families for current and future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best-of-class products in the European and American transportation world. We are driven to provide environmentally-friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacturing and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
The Engine Integration & Validation department is amongst others responsible for integration of the engine and after treatment into an optimized system working together with all types of vehicles. This integrated system should have excellent fuel efficiency and robust emission performance. We are currently looking for an engineer who is able to deep-dive in several questions in the field of engine performance in the broadest sense of the word. The goal is to increase understanding of the current barriers with regard to fuel efficiency, drive-ability, transient performance etc. and to improve it where possible.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robert Dolmans via telefoonnummer 06-82724609
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.