- 20 maart 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9051256
Philips has a long history of successfully introducing innovative products to the market (lamps, CD players, medical imaging equipment, patient monitors, etc). Today, Philips is 100% health technology company with Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) being integral part of Philips strategy. Philips is very active in personal health addressing consumer needs with smart products and services, as well as in professional healthcare by applying data science and AI to improve healthcare for patients and the workflow of healthcare providers. For example, Data Science and AI is applied to help care providers to make a definitive diagnosis and create the best individual treatments for a patient, but also in population health management to improve recommendations for hospital administration. Therefore, Philips Research and Philips product divisions rely more and more on data and machine learning techniques which are the core of new Philips intelligent solutions. We are looking for a candidate to join the Data Science department of Philips Research to work on advanced machine learning technology, including deep, active, transfer and reinforcement learning, combining data driven and knowledge-based approaches, which will be used / integrated into Philips products and services. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the broad area of advanced machine learning as well as hands-on with data engineering technologies and data science platforms.
As a Scientist in the advanced machine learning field you will:
- Apply, adjust and advance the state-of-the art machine learning techniques and use them in Philips products, services, software and solutions.
- Participate in research projects that address machine learning challenges and transfer the results to Philips businesses
- Scout for new technologies by visiting conferences, universities, vendors and monitor the literature and Internet sources.
- Explore, experiment and pilot in internal concept creation projects
- Carry out industrial research in the machine learning field, specifically in one or more from the following: classical, deep, reinforcement, transfer, and active learning, by enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge;
- Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Philips Research and Philips, such as to contribute to successful transfers of research results to customers;
- Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
- Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment.
- You perform independent research, provide consultancy, and participate/define projects in the area of advanced machine learning (e.g. by applying and enhancing deep learning to medical image processing, learning from multi-modal data, analysis of time-series data, combining knowledge and data driven approaches, etc.). The results of your work are adopted by Philips businesses, and are translated into successful products/services. You contribute to the strategy of the Data Science research department.
- You create technologies that ensure proper machine learning functionality for Philips products and services. In addition you contribute to machine learning strategy within the Research program. You have a full understanding of the state-of-the-art and create original contributions. You address important challenges in applying advanced machine learning techniques and tooling for specific application within healthcare and consumer lifestyle.
- External exposure (for example by means of patenting and scientific publications) and external collaborations (for example with universities or in the context of European research projects) are highly encouraged.
The mission of the Data Science department is to lead Philips into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on data science and AI. The focus of the department is on applying and advancing the automated methods used to extract new insights/knowledge from data. The department builds on several interconnected competences including machine learning, statistics, probability models, pattern recognition, computer vision, signal processing and data engineering. We use the advances in the aforementioned scientific disciplines, as well as new digital platforms to create innovation for Philips businesses by extracting insights from various sources like health records, sensors, mobile devices, Web, and social networking sites. Next to that, security and privacy are addressed and taken into account already in the design phase of Philips digital propositions. The department plays a crucial role in digital and data intensive research projects using these competences.
The successful candidate has/is:
- WO mathematics, computer science, (applied) physics, electrical engineering, or similar profile;
- Experience as software developer ;
- Flexible and open attitude, good communication skills in English and preferably Dutch language;
- Preferably affinity and experience with working in cross functional teams.
- Relevant experience with:
o Object detection, feature extraction, segmentation and image recognition
o Statistical modeling& analysis
o Analyzing big data sets, efficient computation and code optimization
o C / C++, R, Theano, MATLAB, OpenCV
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.