- 19 maart 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9051203
As a Scientist in the advanced machine learning field you will:
• Apply, adjust and advance the state-of-the art machine learning techniques and use them in Philips products, services, software and solutions.
• Participate in research projects that address machine learning challenges and transfer the results to Philips businesses
• Scout for new technologies by visiting conferences, universities, vendors and monitor the literature and Internet sources.
• Explore, experiment and pilot in internal concept creation projects
An overview of your tasks:
• Carry out industrial research in the machine learning field, specifically in one or more from the following: classical, deep, reinforcement, transfer, and active learning, by enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge;
• Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Philips Research and Philips, such as to contribute to successful transfers of research results to customers;
• Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects;
• Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment.
• You perform independent research, provide consultancy, and participate/define projects in the area of advanced machine learning (e.g. by applying and enhancing deep learning to medical image processing, learning from multi-modal data, analysis of time-series data, combining knowledge and data driven approaches, etc.). The results of your work are adopted by Philips businesses, and are translated into successful products/services. You contribute to the strategy of the Data Science research department.
• You create technologies that ensure proper machine learning functionality for Philips products and services. In addition you contribute to machine learning strategy within the Research program. You have a full understanding of the state-of-the-art and create original contributions. You address important challenges in applying advanced machine learning techniques and tooling for specific application within healthcare and consumer lifestyle.
• External exposure (for example by means of patenting and scientific publications) and external collaborations (for example with universities or in the context of European research projects) are highly encouraged.
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
The mission of the Data Science department is to lead Philips into the Digital era through world-class innovations based on data science and AI. The focus of the department is on applying and advancing the automated methods used to extract new insights/knowledge from data. The department builds on several interconnected competences including machine learning, statistics, probability models, pattern recognition, computer vision, signal processing and data engineering. We use the advances in the aforementioned scientific disciplines, as well as new digital platforms to create innovation for Philips businesses by extracting insights from various sources like health records, sensors, mobile devices, Web, and social networking sites. Next to that, security and privacy are addressed and taken into account already in the design phase of Philips digital propositions. The department plays a crucial role in digital and data intensive research projects using these competences.
We are looking for:
Our ideal candidate has:
• A MSc or PhD in computer science or another relevant area providing good foundation in computer science, mathematics, and data science
• Affinity to the research way of working or experience with analysis of sequential data (e.g. from sensors such as accelerometer), and/or structured data, and/or image data, etc.
• Proven capabilities in the domain of machine learning and hands-on experience with a particular sub-fields such as deep learning
• Experience with tools such as R, Python, etc;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong personal relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips Research; with customers, obtain their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions
• Team worker in multidisciplinary and international settings, able to adapt quickly
• Curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly picking up new areas
At YACHT we will offer you a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position.
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Sciences industry.
You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Philips has a long history of successfully introducing innovative products to the market (lamps, CD players, medical imaging equipment, patient monitors, etc). Today, Philips is 100% health technology company with Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) being integral part of Philips strategy. Philips is very active in personal health addressing consumer needs with smart products and services, as well as in professional healthcare by applying data science and AI to improve healthcare for patients and the workflow of healthcare providers. For example, Data Science and AI is applied to help care providers to make a definitive diagnosis and create the best individual treatments for a patient, but also in population health management to improve recommendations for hospital administration. Therefore, Philips Research and Philips product divisions rely more and more on data and machine learning techniques which are the core of new Philips intelligent solutions. We are looking for a candidate to join the Data Science department of Philips Research to work on advanced machine learning technology, including deep, active, transfer and reinforcement learning, combining data driven and knowledge-based approaches, which will be used / integrated into Philips products and services. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the broad area of advanced machine learning as well as hands-on with data engineering technologies and data science platforms.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer 06-10762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.