- 27 februari 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9050554
Are you a talented Mechanical Designer with strong skills and experience as Mechanical designer.
Do you have a proven track record in the development of sophisticated mechatronic systems? Do you like working with many different stakeholders on safety critical products for use within the healthcare domain? This is a unique opportunity to further grow your career within our IGT-systems business.
As Mechanical Designer, your responsibilities include:
• Initiate, oversee and help execute multi-disciplinary analysis and design activities to improve performance, safety and
cost of the system;
• Be a reference for the multidisciplinary design team for mechanical design aspects;
• Within new product introduction projects and product life cycle activities you are responsible for requirements, integral
design, implementation, test and integration in accordance with the higher level specifications. Including alignment
with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders such as operations and procurement;
• Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design (e.g. Design calculations, dFMEA, Field data analysis,
• Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that
meets the product specification;
• Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture;
• Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities;
• Contribute to the sourcing strategy including make-buy decisions, supplier selection, and contract management.
As Mechanical Designer you will be part of the department responsible for User Interfaces, Monitor Ceiling Suspensions, Accessories, System cabling and cabinets.
We are looking for
• MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and with at least 10 years of experience in relevant
mechanical design and development projects;
• Able to coach and transfer knowledge to others;
• Preferably with experience in the Healthcare domain;
• Strong communication skills (English and Dutch), a down-to-earth mentality, ability to lead technical teams
and deal with a diverse stakeholder field;
• Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts/problems quickly,
able to create and review technical documents and when needed applies hands on mentality;
• Accurate and quality minded;
• With a proven track record in supplier and stakeholder management.
Yacht is an Employer of Choice for many BSc, MSc, or PhD tech professionals who enjoy working in the famous Dutch High Tech industry. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group, we operate as a strategic workforce partner for many international companies. We help them to build a competitive and agile workforce.
This extensive network of top level employers offers our Yacht employees a lot of challenging projects, dealing with cutting edge technologies. Working for Yachts means you could work for respected tech companies like: ASML, Philips, TNO, Thermo Fisher, DAF, VDL, Océ and many others.
So would you like to work in the top of the global High Tech, join us.
You will be part of the Mechatronics Development Cluster in the R&D organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems Business Unit within Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g., balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe. The R&D organization consists of 450 people, organized around the main functions of the systems that we develop: the image chain, the robotics, the applications and the service and workflow functionality.
The Mechatronics Development Cluster is amongst others responsible for the accurate positioning of the patient and imaging equipment. The cluster takes responsibility for all aspects of development including Mechanics, Electronics
and Software. We work closely together with several other disciplines within and outside our organization (procurement, operations, service, marketing, quality and regulatory) to ensure the best end to end results.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.