- 29 januari 2018
- vacaturenummer: 9049507
In the research group Integrated Vehicle Safety (IVS), we take an integral approach towards Automated Driving and Cooperative Mobility. A multitude of disciplines such as Vehicle Dynamics, Control System Design, Human Body Modeling, Environmental Perception, V2V & V2X Communication, etc. cooperate to make individual vehicles and the complete traffic system safer, while enhancing throughput. The main objective is to realize a traffic system with zero fatalities in the future. Practically, we are working towards the introduction of systems that aim at full collision avoidance, mitigating the consequences of a collision in case full avoidance appears not to be possible. As a safety assessment engineer, you are part of a team that prepares, performs, analyses and reports tests to evaluate the performance of active safety systems such as Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Change Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, etc. You are responsible to translate procedures in a test protocol towards the realization of actual tests, and you advice on improvements regarding test protocols and procedures. You pro-actively develop new protocols for tests beyond the standard operating range of state-of-the-art active safety systems (e.g. to test on reliability and robustness of such systems) and you develop tests for new innovative state-of-the-art systems.
As a safety assessment engineer:
- you prepare tests, equip vehicles and study the appropriate test protocols,
- you perform tests, not only according to the protocol, but also beyond the standard test ranges, you collect and secure measurement data, measure system reponses, ensure synchronization of the data collected from different data loggers, and operate the test equipment whenever necessary. Keep in mind that testing requires you to travel often.
- you analyse results, assess the performance and robustness of the tested system and take care of reporting (both verbally as in writing) according to high quality standards,
- you provide advice on new protocols for existing or beyond-state-of-the-art tests,
- you ensure to update procedures and protocols based on the experience with the different tests and systems.
- 0-3 years experience with testing, evaluation and assessment,
- BSc. Automotive, MSc. Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Motivated to increase traffic safety by providing test methods, test tools, and high quality experiments,
- Enthusiast teamplayer with a focus to continuously improve processes and procedures
- Communicative, both verbally as in writing (English should be fluent, German is a pre)
- Pro-active, being able to organise your own work indepently, or to work as part of (smaller) teams for testing or experimenting,
- Well-organised and punctual
- Customer and result oriented
We offer you the next step in your career and together with Yacht you will build your career.
During your assignment we will coach you and help you develop your personal and professional skills. There will be a lot of learning on the job and also the possibility to do courses. We will always be in contact for you to make to best decisions for your career and make sure you will always have a challenging assignment.
With regards to the terms and conditions of the contract we strive to give a satisfying contract with our professionals.
TNO is an independent research organisation. They believe in the joint creation of economic and social value. They focus on transitions or changes in nine social themes:
Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime : 'Robust constructions, sustainable use'
The Circular Economy and the Environment: 'Directing and accelerating sustainability'
Defence, Safety and Security: ‘We’re putting our knowledge and technology to work for safety and security’
Energy: ‘Faster towards a sustainable energy supply'
Healthy living: ‘Focussing on participation, not on the disease’
Industry: ‘Innovating for employment, welfare and well-being’
Information & Communication Technology: 'Interpreting and accelerating digital transformation'
Strategic Analysis & Policy: 'Turning complex issues into concrete innovations'
Traffic and Transport: 'Helping to create liveable, sustainable cities'
Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. They develop knowledge not for its own sake, but for practical application
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rick Goyen via telefoonnummer 06-10343129
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.