- 20 december 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9048395
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for an Innovation Project Leader, Data Science.
The Innovation Project Leader provides business strategy and technical/scientific vision to lead high impact innovation projects within Data science and Clinical Systems (DSCS) competence areas from inception to implementation. In particular, the holder of this role will identify areas of opportunity and lead projects where artificial intelligence, machine learning and “big data” tools can be used to extract more knowledge for decision making and for optimization of Vaccines clinical development.This role ensures innovation projects are properly funded, aligned with the GSK R&D strategy and delivered at the top of scientific, technical and industry standards with respect to budget, quality and timelines.
- Identify areas of opportunity and lead projects where artificial intelligence, machine learning and “big data” tools can be used to extract more knowledge for decision making and for optimization of Vaccines clinical development
- Champion a data-driven culture through development of best-in-class data science capabilities
- Align with the Head of Data and Systems Innovation and DSCS Leadership team to deliver a pipeline of innovation business solutions, systems and processes to bring business benefit to Vaccines R&D
- Liaise and network with customers in the Clinical Evidence Generation (CEG) and other relevant departments to discuss and identify opportunities which could meet the current or future business needs to ensure DSCS solutions and systems are best in class. From these identified opportunities, prepare high quality business cases and project proposals for submission to internal and external innovation funding bodies for approval and resourcing
- Act as Business Lead for planning, deployment, quality, training and effective use of innovation projects and solutions
- Create, recruit and oversee effective matrix project teams. This is to include managing outsourced services (CROs and Service Providers), internal resource management and budgets
- Provide reports, status updates, feedback and advice to key stakeholders on project progress, monitoring and measuring Return on Investment
- Oversee Project Management for projects that are not in scope for PIO-PI and act as Business Owner during implementation and roll-out phase where applicable
- May act as Subject Matter Expert in supporting Business Excellence in the implementation of new processes, trainings, systems, vendor quality assessments, audits and inspections
- PhD Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Physics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading advanced data analytics projects end to end, from ideation to objectives formulation to implementation to deliverables (preferentially in Clinical Research or Information Systems) or relevant scientific and technical experience including project management responsibilities
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Dynamic, open minded, motivated, self-starter person able to identify and lead complex projects from conception through implementation
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project delivery skills
- Excellent networking, influencing, communication and presentations skills, ability to facilitate interfaces within extended network and to explain technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Experienced in setting up, leading and delivering projects with both multi-disciplinary and geographically remote partners, through effective matrix management that might include external partners
- Experience leading advanced data analytics projects end to end, from ideation to objectives formulation to implementation to deliverables
- Project Management and Resource Management skills
- Skills to effectively lead project teams including data scientists or to act as the data science expert within these teams
- Expert command of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and state-of-the-art tools and methodologies for data science
- Experience in data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques
- Expert level in machine learning and statistical analysis (classification, regression, recommendation systems)
- Knowledge of how to visualize and present data to support conclusions/recommendations
- Ability to simplify complex situations to enable all parties to play their roles in achieving progress
- Ability to anticipate for changes that may be needed based on the external scientific, technical or regulatory environment
- Knowledge of clinical study planning, implementation and conduct are a plus
- Experience in Data Management and Clinical Systems and understanding of regulations including ICH-GCP desirable
- Hands-on experience with R, Python, SAS or MATLAB. Knowledge of Spotfire, Tableau desirable. Knowledge or interest in Hadoop is a plus
Direct, full-time contract. Our client will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position.
The vaccines, medicines and consumer healthcare products that they research and develop can improve people’s health and well-being, ultimately helping them to live life to its fullest and contribute to the prosperity of their communities.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.