- 30 november 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9047756
As a Function Developer you develop and test innovative technical solutions to fulfill consumer or product function
requirements. You work in a team in close cooperation with both the product development team and the product
researchers. You always safeguard our trusted values regarding functionality, design and simplicity.
You are also responsible for:
- Translating commercial, functional and design specifications into technical concepts;
- Developing and engineering appropriate modules;
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products;
- Planning, realizing and steering the function development;
- Finding and generating knowledge (extern and internal) in a recognized, specific domain relevant for the appliance
development, that is not readily available externally;
- Maintaining and increase level of knowledge in defined domain and making available in the departments in a way that is accessible for others;
- Influencing strategic decisions on appliance design based on his expert knowledge;
- Searching actively to new ways to improve and explore knowledge into his own knowledge domain;
- Generating necessary input for roadmap and strategy discussions;
- Delivering the architecture options together with the system Architect
- Cooperating with colleagues and other departments. Is able to influence people and help build a team.
- You have a Master or PHD in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Chemistry;
- You have a broad technical interest and are eager to learn and explore new fields ;
- You have minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field of (consumer) function development;
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques;
- You show passion for (complex) technical puzzles, always working towards thorough understanding and knowledge
build-up by determining theoretical or empirical modeling their working;
- Skills in MATLAB and Python are a plus
- You are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- You are a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills;
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.