- 30 november 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9047727
Good understanding of the market and customer needs and translating these into new solutions, adding value for the customer. Building strong relationships and bringing conceptual solutions to the “table” is essential for demonstrating our competencies as a niche player in the automotive market. To strengthen our market position and enable our growth ambitions, we are looking for a senior “proactive” driven Sales Engineer to support our automotive sales team. Sales Engineer Automotive In this role you will be Power-Packer’s technical “expert” towards our automotive customers. Identifying customer and market needs, transforming these into concepts and finally profitable products/solutions (design to cost) and ensuring technical realization. You will be the engineering coordinator and main responsible for executing the necessary project (APQP) activities during the request for quotation phase. Someone with a “hands on” mentality, e.g. you are able and willing to work with Solid Works and ePDM for setting up technical drawings and conceptual solutions and creating FMEA’s. We are looking for a (commercial driven) Sales Engineer with an authentic and convincing personality who is able to develop strong relationships and develop sales with new and existing customers. You will be visiting customers frequently.
You will be reporting directly to the Sales Manager. Externally you cooperate closely with customer engineers, project leaders, procurement and sales people. Internally you will be working closely together with the engineering, purchasing and product management departments.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Concept development (Sales Engineer Development);
- Technical project coordination (Sales Engineer Development);
- Building relationships;
- Win new business together with your sales colleagues;
- Project handover after contract (Sales Engineer Customization).
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Physics Engineering;
- Several years' of relevant experience in international, technical B2B environment;
- Drive for Results: activate internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong technical skills with commercial mindset & flair: Engagement and understanding of commercial fundamentals;
- Continuous Improvement: able to use metrics, facts and figures to improves customer related processes;
- Good communication and negotiation skills; English and German are a must;
- Willing to travel abroad at least 20% of your time (also independently);
- Energetic, proactive and challenging personality (No 9-5 mentality!);
- Experience and understanding of the customer application and automotive industry is a pre;
- Experience with APQP/Project management and technical hydraulic solutions are a pre.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power-Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Sanlo, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Natascha Huurman via telefoonnummer 06-23609820
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.