- 24 november 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9047297
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Global Project Director - Gastro-Intestinal Health
As a Global Project Director, you will be the Project lead of one or more Innovation & Development project teams within the therapeutic area Gastro-Intestinal Health. You generally lead major (complex) projects or several less complex projects in one or several teams, from start of formulation work up until successful first launch.
As a Global Project Director, you drive the creation and endorsement of the development implementation plan. In close partnership with marketing, you evaluate the strategic path to achieve sales and future growth (incl. Development ideas for new products, improving existing brands, or bringing existing products into new markets). Furthermore, you ensure and drive the evaluation of development opportunities related to Gastro-Intestinal Health (incl. timelines, cost, quality, technical feasibility, medical, science, risks) and consolidate all functional input into the plans. Next, as a Global Project Director, you drive the definition of a clear project (team) deliverables, you secure implementation and, as a Development Project leader, oversees the team performance. Furthermore, you drive the implementation and execution of this strategy via Development project teams. Finally, you represent the project at Sr. Management meetings, incl. Governance Bodies. You functionally oversee assigned global projects and initiatives for project & portfolio management.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop product strategy in project team
- Secure endorsement of product/ project strategy from Development, Regulatory, PV, Operations, IP, Finance, Legal and other functions as needed
- Drive and oversee the operational product development activities (e.g. development projects, link to existing work streams, monthly integration of expected external costs)
- You will be the initiator of, and organize and chair project team meetings
- Ensure that input from functional/ regional expertise has been adequately incorporated; you will be the knowledge manager for the project team and stakeholders
- Present at Governance Boards and Sr. Management meetings;
- You will be a guardian of quality and consistency within and across products/portfolio in the team
- Regularly collect/ monitor/ validate progress and performance information from Teams
- Ensure definition of clear team deliverables and follow-up/ secure them; drive creation and own execution of MAKE project plans (incl. appropriate risk management)
- Ensure that available standards are used for presentations, monthly project progress reports and (scientific/commercial) assessments
- Create transparency regarding status and performance of project activities (key milestones, budget and monthly progress/performance reports)
- Drive resolution of technical issues/resource constraints through line management
- Lead global cross-departmental, cross-functional/matrixed teams (Project teams)
As a Global Project Director, you have:
- Expert knowledge of multidisciplinary management and operations, and demonstrated management experience of 4-8 years in pharmaceutical or health care industry
- Proficient knowledge of project management practices, portfolio review, finance and budgeting
- PMI certification preferred
- Excellent cross-functional negotiation skills with multi-faceted, broad-based experience across several functions. In-depth knowledge of business needs, issues, mitigation plans, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with broad business orientation
- Excellent experience in communicating/ presenting key information to executive management
- Advanced ability to perform appropriate People and stakeholder Management
This concerns a full time secondment placement for 1 year. We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the Yacht network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up to date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Our client is a global healthcare company that conducts innovative research and manufactures products for human health. They operate in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.