- 15 november 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9047218
Nature of the Job
For our Mechanical Development & Integration (MDI) Department we are looking for a Concept Developer who will work on product development from concept to proven function in a multidisciplinary team.
As a Concept Developer you translate complex technical challenges into uncomplicated consumer products. You work on product development from concept to a proven function in a multidisciplinary team. In most of our projects you will be the technical counterpart of our internal consumer marketing managers, our industrial designers and research centers.
As a Concept Developer in Mechanical Development Team of Grooming you will be responsible for:
• Translate Customer Needs to Technical Requirements
• Translate requirements towards new principles
• Integrate principal into one or more design embodiments
• Proof the function of new concepts/modules before implementation in product realization projects;
(calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing)
• Structural approach in concept choices
• Planning and realizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts
• Re-use of existing knowledge (known concepts)
• Document your choices and gained knowledge in knowledge documents
You will be part of the Mechanical Development and Integration department in Innovation team Male Grooming that consists of 50+ enthusiastic technical specialists within a total Male Grooming team of 300+ people. The projects are demanding for great results. You will report to one of the 3 group leaders of the MDI department.
On site / Off site:
Allocated 5 days on the site DTN
• You have an education on Bachelor or Master level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb) / Industrial Product Design (IPO) with preferably some experience as a mechanical engineer in designing mass produced Consumer Products
• Specific Experience: competence area eg. watertight sealings and IP standards
• You are creative and and have practical skills to explore new ideas and make them tangible
• You are able to think on conceptual level but are also hands-on.
• You have the ability to proof construction concepts by calculation, simulation and/or prototypes
• You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
• You have ability to use CAD NX or similar CAD package
• You have experience in working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer;
You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
Determination in decision making and independence;
• You are ambitious, a team player and you have good coordination, communication skills (in writing and presentation)
Specific demands: (for the specific function)
Experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEM – eg. Ansys)
Experience in dynamics and drive train design
As a Trainee you will be trained as a specialist with management skills! Together we look for the best assignments at one of our technical clients. We offer intercompany traineeships to (work in 3 years at 2 or 3 different clients) or in-house traineeships (2 or 3 different assignments at one client).
Each Yacht trainee follows in three years, in addition 2 to 3 challenging assignments for various clients, and an intensive personal leadership journey. Active coaching and mentoring, competence and self-reflection by other trainees herein are important pillars. A YACHT trainee is performing at least a fresh look and increased efficiency within the organization. Now and in the future!
As a trainee you will be selected on the skills and attributes. The core competencies that apply to all Trainees are:
- Results orientation
- Self development
Extracurricular activities certainly count in the selection process! Do you have management experience, relevant additional jobs, overseas experience or something? Let this be sure to come out in your resume!
The above core competencies are assessed through an online assessment tool! Apply via the apply-button, then Yacht Trainees will send you to a link to the test!
YACHT Trainees Engineering offers you the most challenging assignments for our clients. Work that matters is our focus. As a trainee you will participate in our talent program #schoolofwork! #Schoolofwork Is more than a series of workouts. It is a complete training program with intensive coaching, online assignments, and talent Days intervisions. You get from YACHT a talent coach who guides you and from our training you get a Talent psychologist. In addition to this program and intensive counseling we offer you a competitive salary and the opportunity to create and grow beautiful steps herein.
YACHT Trainees is the specialist in the field of young talent. We find, retain and develop highly skilled young people (HBO / WO) with a maximum of 2 years work experience. YACHT Trainees has developed a new, innovative and already successful talent program. Within the YACHT traineeship talent is trained as specialist with management skills. The program steams you ready in 3 years to play strategic positions.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sophie Notenboom via telefoonnummer 06-83637700
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.