- 07 november 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9046919
SABIC Procurement’s ambition is aligned with SABIC’s global strategy and focuses on growth and innovation. The global challenge for procurement within SABIC is to secure uninterrupted supply of goods, materials and services to our businesses, while creating value for the business. Value will be created by improving total cost of ownership, leveraging buys on local, regional and global scale and by reducing procurement costs .The procurement costs will be reduced by standardizing and optimizing the procurement working processes.
Local and Regional Procurement are part of the Global Procurement Organization that is reporting into the Global Corporate Shared Services organization. As a part of the Procurement organization, the Site Procurement Team manages best in class operational processes and maximizes value for money in purchasing and managing materials & services by exploiting economies of scale and maintaining the same high performance and service level for all customers. The vacancy Tactical Project Buyer hierarchically will report to the Site Procurement Manager Benelux. On location Site Geleen, the Project Specialist Europe being responsible for E&PM Projects from the European Team will manage the operational and functional reporting line.
The Tactical Project Buyer will mainly be located in Geleen, but other Sites nearby might be involved.
The Tactical Project Buyer serves as a procurement business partner.
Capturing requirements, identifying opportunities, intensive co-operation with the internal customers and Procurement colleagues delivering value, in an efficient manner and fully compliant with SABIC Procurement Policy is of utmost importance.
In general, the Tactical Project Buyer role characteristic is straightforward competitive bidding of projects below 1MM. However, processes can be very complex, as specification are not always that clear and business pressure might urge for vigorous, but always compliant, actions. Main goal for this role is contracting best value, whilst serving the business needs and delivering a compliant procurement dossier.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Procure local E&PM Projects
- Manage the Sourcing, Contracting and Procurement of assigned CAPEX projects.
- Responsible for value creation.
- Ensure compliance to regional legislation (ie Reach), global standards, requirements, policies and procedures including EHS;
- Execute Vendor Qualification.
- Execute project supplier management: achieve high supplier performance, ensure delivery at most profitable conditions in the current market and stimulate continuous improvement.
- Supplier evaluation.
- Manage complaint handling / claims.
- On incidental basis provide operational support and solve critical procurement problems (second line trouble shooting)
- Connect with Corporate functions like Legal and Insurance.
- Share knowledge of procurement processes and policies with the internal organization. (stakeholders)
- At least Bachelor degree (or equivalent through experience) in a related field.
- Tactical purchasing experience and preferably procurement specific education in the mentioned field. (e.g. NEVI 1, 2)
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with internal customer base.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and materials, preferably a technical background.
- Capability of professional time management, communicate on progress and escalate if needed.
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills.
- Administrative affinity and knowledge SAP-MM, including accuracy.
- Customer focus.
- Team player.
- Flexible in picking up extra works and taking the extra step if needed.
- Steady & robust personality, able to work successful in a technical environment with project managers and other stakeholders.
- Proven execution and delivering results capabilities.
- Proven communication & interpersonal competences resulting in best team results.
- Fluent in English and Dutch, verbal and writing.
Most relevant competencies for success in the job:
- customer focus
- contribute to team success
- decision making
- initiating action
Known by responsible consultant
- SABIC Petrochemicals B.V.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Ruud Olijve via telefoonnummer 06-20865874
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.