- 25 oktober 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9046461
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer
Participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks “on premise” and public cloud based infrastructures. You will be asked to bring in your expertise in the field of HPC and cloud technologies and to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of high-performance computing (HPC), OpenStack and AWS technologies, operating systems (Linux) as well as container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
You are responsible for
Together with your colleagues you will ensure the proper operation of our “on premise” cloud based IT infrastructures as well as support projects that make use of IT resources in the Amazon AWS cloud.
You are a part of
The Digital Platform Solutions department of Philips Research whose mission is to accelerate the creation of new digital propositions by providing deep knowledge and expertise on digital platforms, big data lifecycle management, software development, cloud and HPC.
Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 100 years of experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we're dedicated to bringing meaningful innovations that improve people's lives.
We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and first-of-a-kind product development. For more insights you can visit: www.research.philips.com
Core Role Responsibilities:
• Deploying, automating, scaling, maintaining and managing “on premise” and cloud based IT environments.
• Support Research projects in implementing their applications stacks “on premise” and in the cloud.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class (cloud) security solutions.
• Experience and willing to work in international multi-functional teams (R&D organizations).
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Managing and building OpenStack environments.
• AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain secure Amazon AWS based cloud solutions.
• DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer, including automation experience with configuration management tools (Git).
• Broad experience with container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
• Programming Skills: Strong programming and scripting Java, Python, Go and automation skills.
• Operating Systems: Linux system administration.
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
• Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
• OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java).
• Knowledge of Cloud Foundry
• Knowledge of ELK technology stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
• DBA Skills.
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
• Experience with storage solutions (Spectrum scale, Netapp, Isilon) and network access protocols (NFS, SMB).
• B.Sc. or Master in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
Other Candidate Requirements:
• Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
• Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
• Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Dorus Kanen via telefoonnummer 06-10360389
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.