- 15 november 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9046249
Lightyear is looking for a composites engineer. Being part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, you will make design choices and are responsible for the composite components of the car. As a composites engineer you will design and simulate composite components, such as chassis parts (body in white). You will be (partially) responsible for simulating rigidity and crash/impact of the parts.
Together with the other engineers
Design of the Lightyear One components
Prototype development and production of first series
Product development, including:
- Design, structural analysis and functional simulation of composite components
- Making and explaining design choices to other stakeholders
- Documentation of your work, everything you create is new or in the beginning fase!
- Masters degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or similar (e.g. automotive engineering, composites specialization)
- Experience with 3D CAD software (no specific preference)
- Experience with composites (preferably Carbon Fiber), such as: product design, structural FEM analysis and production processes
- Ability to work and think independently but also to co-operate and co-create
- A strong passion to take part in the mission of Lightyear!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels of the organization
- Eager to work in a Start-Up climate and to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Full time availability (40 hours)
- Fluent in English, Dutch proficiency is a plus
Working for Lightyear means:
- A high level of autonomy and being able to create your own work and product
- Being part of a multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented individuals
- Responsibility for the products you deliver and a chance to create something amazing from scratch
- The ability to challenge the status quo and have a positive impact on a fast and changing world where durability is leading
- Due to the start-up nature of Lightyear, current salaries are below market average, but will grow towards market average in the near future
Lightyear is on a unique mission: to create and build a car that charges itself by solar power! Started as a University Racing team and now a fast growing Start-Up, Lightyear is looking for new employees to help create the dream.
If you want to be part of this amazing company, reply and motivate yourself. Maybe you will join them soon.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Twan Mertens via telefoonnummer 06-57897304
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.