- 07 december 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9045398
Key accountabilities of the role are:
- Develop, design, release, development activities to ensure that the engineering outputs for Powertrain systems meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer, including:
- Drive and Steer Axles
- Tires and rims
- Electric Drive Systems
- Provide support to the Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups engaged in the projects.
- Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements
- Formal education with a minimum BS in Engineering; mechanical or automotive focus preferred.
- Minimum 5 year industry experience
- Specialized knowledge/skill in drafting (CAD, Creo preferred), engineering analysis and design layouts
- Specialized knowledge/skill in in the area of vehicle powertrain systems
- Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Attention to quality: follow established procedures and be attentive to details to ensure accuracy in design and documentation
- Systematic problem solving: demonstrate ability to apply basic principles and methods to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with suppliers to deliver system and truck performance
- Work cross functionally to develop efficient, cost effective solutions which exceed customer expectations
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 5% total time)
Hyster Yale offers a dynamic engineering role with responsibility and chances for personal development. The job offers a combination of in depth technical challenges and more general issues like contact with other engineers, suppliers and customers. The BTDC is a dynamic Engineering departement with assembly and testing within reach.
You are stimulated to think about the whole vehicle as a System Group Engineer or within one of three platforms.
Besides technical development you can also focus on Project Lead, Quality, or After Sales Service (After Market organization). All Engineers have the possibility to contribute for 10% of their time on innovation projects. We expect you to make use of it!
A coaching style of leadership is being used in which you can get responsibilities relatively fast. This offers you specific chances for personal development. There are good working conditions: besides a good salary and 40 days off, there are good pension arrangements. Furthermore Hyster Yale has a flexible work time: you can start each workday between 07:00 and 09:30.
Hyster Yale organisation
Hyster-Yale group develops range of Forklifts and industrial trucks for a variety of applications like container terminals. The Big Truck Development Centre (BTDC) in Nijmegen is responsible for design and development of a range of Forklifts and Container Handler trucks. These products are Engineered and Manufactured in Nijmegen. Engineering involves itself in designing new products, constructing, testing and prototyping. Existing developments are improved and validated as well. The BTDC also enhances special production engineering (SPED), which develops special truck models based on client–specific requirements. Due to growth, we are searching for an:
System Engineer Powertrain
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Frans Berkien via telefoonnummer 06-57569914
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.