- 25 september 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9045042
The senior Engineer Engine Functions is responsible for the Engine Function domain within the department Application Software.
The Engine Functions function area comprises functions which control engine functionalities, such as air management, fuel management and torque/speed control of the engine. Supporting functionalities like engine brake, engine test functions, idle control etc. are part of the work package as well.
You will be securing all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the functional domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area. You will create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the software architect. You will support the system owner application software in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation. You will discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the software requirement documents. As an owner of the functional knowledge you will support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation. As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain.
The Senior Engine Engineer is part of a SCRUM software development team, that will also develop software functions according input requirements (model based). The models are prepared for integration into the complete application software and used for auto coding.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group within the department of Platform development and functionally to the system owner application software.
- Technical education on college/university level with a specialization in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering.
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according to internal and external standards).
- At least 3 year of relevant experience in the engine functional domain.
- Several years of experience and good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow.
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred.
- Experience with real time embedded systems.
- Experience with scrum is a plus.
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming.
- Affinity with control system domain and application software.
- Knowledge of combustion engine operation (e.g. air/fuel management, torque/speed control).
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing.
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation.
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and succinctly.
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families that will meet future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of PACCAR engines and DAF Vehicles. The department is divided in three groups: Application Software, Software Engineering and Hardware. The candidate will be working in the Application Software group.
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well qualified senior Engineer to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rick Goyen via telefoonnummer 06-10343129
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.