- 27 oktober 2017
- vacaturenummer: 9043446
Assignment(s) / Nature of the Job For our Mechanical Development & Integration (MDI) Department we are looking for a lead engineer who will work on product development of Male Grooming appliances from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
As a lead engineer, you are responsible for the mechanical product design of new product ranges for Male Grooming products. You will implement new concepts into products that will deliver added value for men when removing hair on the head, body and face. You will supervise a multidisciplinary team consisting of function development engineers, application research specialists and mechanical engineers. You will be the technical counterpart for commercial managers and designers to realize the most attractive appliances compared to competition.
As a Lead engineer in MDI team you will be responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and stimulating the multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within the projects;
- Releasing products, components, modules and products for mass production;
- Planning, realizing and steering the mechanical product development and manage the cross functional aspects as a technical project leader;
- Identifying gaps and implementing improvements to bring the development approach to a higher level.
You will be part of the Mechanical Development and Integration department in Innovation team Male Grooming, that consists of 50+ enthusiastic technical specialists within a total Male Grooming team of 300+ people. The projects are demanding for great results. You will report to one of the 3 group leaders of the MDI department.
- You have education on Bachelor (HBO) level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb) / Industrial Product Design (IPO) with minimal 10 years of experience in the field of mechanical product development of mass produced Consumer Products;
- You have an education on Master (WO) level in Mechanical Engineering (Wtb) / Industrial Product Design (IPO) with minimal 5 years of experience in the field of mechanical product development of mass produced Consumer Products;
- You have experience in managing (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer (team size 5 to 10 persons)
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions in plastic and/or metal and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design), analysis (strength, stiffness) and drive mechanisms;
- You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- Determination in decision making and independence;
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Research & Development departments. We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Siemens, Gasunie, Scania, SMST and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Sylvia Vrieling via telefoonnummer 06-23101614
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.
Deze vacature wordt via YACHT aangeboden. Het solliciteren en verdere contact verloopt via YACHT.