UX / UI Visual Designer
The UI Visual Designer is responsible for the realization of the UI for all vehicle graphical displays, and possibly external device applications within this context. Our aim is to deliver a well-structured UI that is intuitive, efficient and informative to operate. The task is to integrate the UI seamlessly and safe into the interior of our products, where the hands can stay on the wheel and the eyes on the road.
Due to increasing complexity of vehicle information, ADAS systems, infotainment, external party input and increased functionality we require graphical support to deliver a unified, consistent, safe and premium user experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTPUT
• Acquire all necessary knowledge w.r.t. technical developments of vehicle displays and their application, industrial- and automotive design, trends, legal demands and process-, toolset- and production technologies.
• Create next generation DAF UX the design language and translate into pixel perfect production assets, with a high level of consistency and quality to the methods agreed with the supplier for a given project.
• Autonomously realize design projects and graphical assets in conformance with the relevant Design Brief.
• Generate creative and feasible design ideas and –concepts based on the interaction between Product Development, Product planners, HMI designers and Design.
Realize, in consultation with all disciplines involved (both internal and external), a sound and well-considered interface design that meets the objectives as set.
• Generate supporting documentation for production assets and concepts, for example style guides and presentations.
• Working in a way that ensures re-usable assets and consistency across projects, maintaining a company standard
• Able to work effectively in cross-functional teams including contacts to other functional departments, as well as relevant external companies during the concept- and/or realization phase.
• Translate 2D design ideas into compelling interactive models.
Manage prototype asset releases and inspection of interactive prototypes against styling requirements.
• Manage design projects within the targets set, if necessary escalate to a higher level.
Attune project status and design activities with the Design Director as to make sure the milestones are met.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant area (Design), supplementary a specialization in Media design, Graphical design or Interaction design.
• Direct experience designing graphical assets , video editing and motion graphic design for interfaces
• Knowledge of DAF products, services, procedures, systems.
• Experience with user centered design methodology
• A good command of the English language, the German language is an advantage
• Good communication skills, inter-personal and team-based.
• Knowledge of design tools:
o 2D: Illustrator, Painter, Photoshop
o 3D: Alias is beneficial
o Visualisation : Vred or Showcase is benificial
o Motion design : After Effects or similar Video editing software
o UX / UI prototyping tools like UX, Kanzi, CGI Studio or similar tools is beneficial
o UX wire framing tools like Axure is beneficial
• Knowledge of Office Tools :
o Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rick Goyen via telefoonnummer 06-10343129
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.