Senior (Truck) Exterior Designer
The Designer is responsible for the development and realization of styling ideas and design w.r.t. the “Product”. Job holder performs these tasks within the context of Vehicle Projects, covering Exterior of a Vehicle, or within the context of Advanced Technology projects or subprojects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTPUT
• Acquire all necessary knowledge w.r.t. technical developments of vehicles and their application, industrial- and automotive design, trends, materials, legal demands and process- and production technologies.
• Translate the DAF design strategy into design and form language.
• Generate creative and feasible design ideas and –concepts based on the interaction between Product Development, Product planners and Design.
• Generate innovative ideas that may enhance DAF’s market position.
• Plan the own design activities to meet the targets set.
• Autonomously realize design projects in conformance with the relevant Design Brief.
• Translate 2D design ideas into 3D models.
• Realize, in consultation with all disciplines involved (both internal and external), a sound and well-considered vehicle design that meets the objectives as set.
• Manage design projects within the targets set, if necessary escalate to a higher level.
• Attune project status and design activities with the Modelling Manager as to make sure the milestones are met.
• Manage A-surface releases and inspection of production parts against styling requirements.
• Make a Styling Approval Report describing approved designs and accepted deviations.
• Support activities of other departments or disciplines as a team-member in case these activities may influence the product design or other styling related issues.
• Brief (electronic) modellers about a new design and manage them towards the realization of a representative model of this design.
• Coach and steer students who perform research relevant to the Design Centre.
The (Sr.) Designer reports to the Design Director
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant area (Design), supplementary a specialization in Transport Design.
• Experience in Managing modelers
• Knowledge of DAF products, services, procedures, systems is an advantage
• A good command of the English language, the German language is an advantage
• Knowledge of design/modelling tools:
o 2D: Illustrator, Painter, Photoshop, After Effects and Video editing software
o 3D: Alias Wavefront and Autodesk Showcase
• Knowledge of Office Tools :
o Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
At DAF, we feel proud of every DAF truck that leaves our factory. Because we know we’ve delivered a truck that enables the customer to drive his business. Because we know the driver will appreciate its unequalled comfort and handling. Our love for trucks goes into every part and detail. That’s what separates a DAF from any other truck.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rick Goyen via telefoonnummer 06-10343129
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.