Financial Accounting Manager
The Financial Accounting Manager (FAM) is responsible for efficient and effective financial planning, accounting and all control processes for the French Subsidiary. As such the Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for an accurate and timely accounting (general ledger, financial statements, taxes like VAT, corporate income taxes and other taxes) in accordance with local requirements and PACCAR accounting policies and procedures.
The Financial Accounting Manager will report to the Area Controller.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Is part of the finance and control team in Eindhoven;
- Responsible manager for the accounting together with an accounting assistant;
- Control and maintain general ledger for both US GAAP and French GAAP;
- Supervise, review and perform complex general ledger reconciliation to sub ledgers and source documentation;
- Analyze in cooperation with local legal/tax advisors the impact of changed internal and external rules, regulations and policies on business accounting;
- Determine, in cooperation with the assigned Area Controller, the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions;
- Responsible for correct US GAAP reporting to headquarters;
- Responsible for local statutory reporting, tax filings, reporting to the national bank and other governmental institutions;
- Assist the country manager in forecasting & budgeting cycle;
- Manage and coordinate internal and external audits and maintain contacts with external auditors and also relationships with other external parties like tax authorities, consultants, etc.;
- Pro-active and assisting the Area Controller in further optimizing internal processes and systems;
- Participate in special (improvement/automation) projects as assigned.
Required knowledge and other expertise
- Masters’ degree in accounting and/or business economics;
- At least 5 years of experience in financial accounting and financial reporting;
- Affinity with and active knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP, preferably French GAAP) and tax (VAT, CIT);
- Knowledge of financial software as well as proficiency with MS Excel;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Strong analytical skills combined with a high degree of accuracy;
- A hands-on mentality with a high level of accuracy;
- Good knowledge of the French and English language, both verbally and in writing
For this vacancy you will get your first contract via Yacht and after that you will get a contract from DAF Trucks. If you are a freelancer, you do not have to apply. At DAF you work 7,5 hours per day, which means 37,5 per week. Based on 37,5 hours the salary is between 4000 and 4500 per 4 weeks (You get paid 13 times a year)
Trucks. That's what it is all about at DAF. Their core activity is the development and production of light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. They offer tailor-made solutions for every application. Reliable, durable, efficient, with class leading driver comfort and backed by first class services. DAF offers a total transport solution.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Susanne van den Heuvel-Weerts via telefoonnummer 06-55808591
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.