Senior AWS Cloud Developer & Engineer
Are you the Engineer that is passionate about Software, Micro services, Continuous Delivery, Cloud Infrastructure and know how to deploy and monitor Cloud Infrastructures? You also have strong Amazon Web Services experience and are eager to work with Agile Software Development teams, then Join us!
Do you want to work in innovative projects in the domains of Lighting and “Internet of Things” connected products comprising embedded, mobile and web solutions? Are you ready to work in complex environments by creating software and delivering it using state of the art Cloud environments?
Let us challenge you with exciting projects, offering the possibility of applying and extending your areas of expertise.
The department consists of several Agile software development project teams. Our project teams are characterized by a strong drive to improve continuously. We are empowered to work autonomously, though there is high emphasis for cross team learning and support.
- You will be a senior Cloud developer in the Cloud engineering group:
- Design and develop Cloud Components & Infrastructure from concept until release
- Take responsibility for bringing new software products into production in a structured way
- Lead improvement initiatives with regards to technological improvements, and perform future-oriented studies with other specialists.
- You will actively contribute and steer all aspects of agile software development: planning, tracking, architecture, development, configuration management, testing, integration, validation, and documentation
- You will be able to estimate total required team effort, is closely involved in policy preparation and the program of the team
- Build the team and mentor less experienced engineers
- Keep abreast of technical developments in own field through study of the literature and technical contacts
- Visiting conferences and bringing new ideas is part of our job.
We are looking for
- At least a Bachelor degree in computer science or informatics (requirement)
- At least 5 years relevant experience in developing of web application and services (requirement)
- Knowledge of Internet technologies such as Web services, Restful API's, Open Source projects
- At least 5 years of experience with a modern programming language like Java, Groovy, Scala (requirement)
- Proven experience with Cloud Development & Engineer using PaaS platforms (preferably using Amazon AWS) (requirement)
- Familiar with Software Delivery using tooling like Terraform, Chef/Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Gradle, Maven, SBT (advantage)
- Familiar with the DevOps role (advantage)
- Able to coach others (requirement)
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English) (requirement)
- A team player, eager to invest in personal and team growth (requirement)
- Strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills. A problem solving and pragmatic attitude.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you recognize yourself in this description and you cannot wait to join our team then don’t leave us hanging and apply today.
The Software department of Philips Lighting is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). The department has teams with highly skilled people delivering world class engineering services in the domains of embedded systems, mobile platforms, medical applications, cloud engineering, and systems engineering.
The team consists of cloud engineering experts that form a team tailored for a specific mission. It supports exploratory work, fast realization of prototypes as well as effective product development, by applying deep engineering knowledge of the most relevant coding platforms and standards, in combination with proven Agile collaboration methods and test-driven development.
Furthermore, we work in an open-innovation mind, maintaining operational contact to key software suppliers for flexible adaption to project requests. The group routinely applies re-use of existing components and technologies.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Jamie van Raaij via telefoonnummer 06-82047447
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.