Research Assistant Polymer Materials
As research assistant polymer materials, you will be working on the development of polymer materials suitable for processing by additive manufacturing (AM) technologies. You will carry out work in multidisciplinary project teams focusing on the development of AM materials with novel functionalities.
Typical work activities are:
• Formulation of AM (photo)polymers, including micro- and nanocomposite formulations;
• Processing polymers and photopolymers by different AM techniques;
• Characterization of material properties (mechanical, thermal, electrical, optical);
• Reporting of research results in form of presentations or written project reports;
• Proactively collaborating with other members of the project team to realize the targeted project results;
• Contributing to the TNO/BMC roadmap ‘materials for additive manufacturing’;
You’ll be responsible for:
• Excellent execution of experimental work in AM material development, material characterization, and AM processing;
• Creating demonstrator products;
• Communication with colleagues on scientific progress and project results.
We expect a proactive project member with a passion for polymer chemistry and polymer processing:
• Preferably you are holding a bachelor degree in chemistry or chemical engineering, and you have knowledge of polymer materials.
• You are familiar with commonly used characterization methods for polymers, such as rheology, differential scanning calorimetry, and mechanical testing.
• Experience with ink or coating formulations, characterization of dispersions and/or experience with 2D or 3D printing is an advantage.
• You are a good communicator and able to express your thoughts and findings in a clear concise manner, both orally and written.
• You have experience in working in multidisciplinary project teams.
Join our network.
The network of the premium staffing firm for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments.
This is a long term position, which can be converted into a permanent position.
TNO is an independent research organisation. They believe in the joint creation of economic and social value. They focus on transitions or changes in five social themes:
Industry: from economic stagnation to growth in high-technology industry
Healthy Living: from illness and treatment to health and behaviour
Defence, Safety & Security: from a wide range of threats to controllable risks
Urbanisation: from urbanisation bottlenecks to urban vitality
Energy: from conventional sources to sustainable energy systems.
Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. We develop knowledge not for its own sake, but for practical application.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robin Valk via telefoonnummer +31 0610459325
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.