Mechanical Engineer at Philips
Within Philips you will be responsible for creating / updating / maintaining the technical product documentation in the development, realization and lifecycle phases of innovative products.
- You optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams and/or existing technical product documentations by being a member of the technical project team.
- You review supplier designs and give feedback on possible improvements when needed.
- You support the Lifecycle Management Teams by analyzing product issues in the market (root-cause analysis of both production problems and consumer complaints) and taking corrective actions if required, and by defining / executing changes required for new special editions of existing products.
- You define, create, update and maintain the technical product documentation including 3-D models and 2-D drawings, BOM structure, design history files of those products.
- You prove that any design change meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations.
- You participate and lead as key competence resource in multi-partner cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Your scope is international so some travelling is involved.
We are looking for:
- A Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or Industrial product engineering or mechatronics.
- You have experience in materials such as: metals, plastic (polymers), rubber materials (used in design for consumer products).
- You have experience in implement and test the design, conform to the departmental and project procedures and processes (documentation, drawings, verification).
- Experience in CREO Parametric / Pro-Engineer to make / update 3D models and 2D drawings.
- You have experience with Lifecycle Management
- Capable to understand tolerances analysis and calculate tolerance chains.
- Aware of general design rules regarding plastic parts and DIN tolerances.
- Capable to define new BOM structures and/or to understand and update existing ones.
- Track record of developing consumer related products or mechanical Modules (sub systems) from concept development to market launch with key involvement in the industrialization phase.
- Experience in working closely together with several other disciplines
- Track record in communication with suppliers for manufacturing, cost estimation.
- Good communication skills in English.
- An abstract, analytical person
- Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development.
- An excellent communicator and motivator
- You have a quality mindset
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.