Scientific Software Programmer
We have a position for a talented software scientist in the application software team in Eindhoven.
The software scientist will be part of an enthusiastic team focusing on solutions for the life sciences market, where a new era for electron microscopy is coming up (see http://www.nature.com/nmeth/focus/moy2015/index.html).
As a software scientist you will be part of the software team which is responsible for the full software development cycle of new features, product enhancement and maintenance of our applications.
Your assignment will be a mixture of the following activities:
• Hands-on development and integration of software components with a high quality level
• Detailing out user stories together with the product owner and technical lead
• Troubleshooting and debugging of application issues in a simulation environment as well as on the TEM microscope systems available within R&D.
• Interact with customers (conferences), marketing and product owner, as well as R&D peers
• Work together with product owner on requirements and (detailed) product roadmap
• Verify implemented user stories together with stakeholders
• Gain TEM microscope and Life sciences market specific domain knowledge and keep up-to-date
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary, technical environment to solve complex technical (software) challenges. If you are interested in software development in combination with gaining and teaching microscope and life sciences market domain knowledge, this is an excellent opportunity. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in a technical discipline.
• At least 1-3 years’ experience in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment
• Experience in multi-cultural environments
• Eager to learn TEM domain specific knowledge and not afraid to spend time on TEM microscopes yourself
• Focus on high value customer solutions, but also able to be a pragmatic issue solver where needed
Qualified candidates should have proven ability to develop, using one or more of the following languages and techniques:
• C#/.NET development experience
• Agile/Scrum development process
• Object oriented programming and design patterns
Further preference given for hands on experience with one or more of the following areas:
• Unit testing, TDD
• Windows OS
• Development experience with Image processing/pattern recognition in applications
• Experience with multi-site development
• A team player with good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and highly proficient in spoken and written English
• Analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
• Value oriented, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
• Result oriented
• Proactive and initiative-taking attitude
• Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
Yacht is a premium contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology.
When applying, together with your resume send a motivation for the position you apply on.
Dutch residence or at least European work experience is a big plus.
This position is a direct at FEI itself for which Yacht manages the recruitment
FEI Company, pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, FEI Company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. FEI designs, manu¬factures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sci¬ences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide FEI team of 2,700+ employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Check out these video’s
• FEI’s corporate organization https://www.fei.com/about-fei/
• FEI's Life Sciences business https://www.fei.com/life-sciences/
• Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.fei.com/life-sciences/
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rene Brands via telefoonnummer +31 6 2489 4626
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.