In this job as an Architect you will be responsible for the definition and maintenance of the architecture of innovative products in different projects. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Your key responsibilities are:
• You will lead cross functional teams.
• You are responsible for distributing tasks among engineers, external and internal partners
and for managing the dependencies and deliverables in line with the overall project plan;
• You scout technologies. You give input in the creation of roadmaps for future product
• You will cooperate with internal and external partners.
• You are responsible for the creation of the (hardware or software) architecture in modular,
easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and modules);
• You ensure the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate components in
modular, easy-to-maintain hardware/software that meets the product specification.
• You act in line with departmental and project processes.
• You guide the Development Engineers in the design and implementation of the parts of
• You advises on internal development or outsourcing.
• You have an important say in the choice of development environment and has ultimate
responsibility for the (hardware/software) top-level design.
We are looking for
You have a Masters or University Education in Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Bio-mechanical engineering. You have a proven track record and experience (6 years) in development and realization of new products in a R&D environment.
• A proven track record in defining architectures for a portfolio of products, including
interfaces and commonalities.
• Experience with products (electrical and mechanical construction).
• Experience in defining the architectures.
• Experience in the design and implementation of hardware resp. software systems.
• Ability to analyze the stakeholder environment and needs to achieve common objectives,
considering contradicting interests and making the best decisions for the project as well as
• Experience in working and leading project teams.
• You have good negotiation skills.
• Ability to balance risks and opportunities of innovative solutions.
• Preferable you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer +31 0653815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.