- 11 oktober 2018
- vacaturenummer: 86853
The main purpose of the Sourcing Specialist role is to manage assigned purchases on an area or project basis. This role creates value by providing appropriate input into the development and implementation of sourcing strategies. This role may be responsible for the application of commercial agreements and related work processes in accordance with the strategies within the geography and category.
- Working with system data on actual purchases, identify valuable opportunities, develop tactical plans to capture value, align with partner strategies and apply local/regional supply agreements. Report the value captured within the Total Procurement Benefits database.
- Provide sourcing support for Dow businesses or functions by working with the partner to clarify the scope of service, quality, volume, and logistics requirements. This may include the suggestion of sourcing alternatives available to partners, should requirements lists be modified.
- Identify suppliers capable of meeting Dow's requirements, developing pricing that is consistent with Dow's requirement, and maintain communication with internal client.
- Negotiate purchases required to support business partners, manufacturing sites, and capital projects.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Strategic Sourcing Center. Identifies redundant or otherwise unnecessary activities.
- Maintain basic knowledge of suppliers and relevant market developments such as mergers & acquisitions, financial status, and changes in key personnel.
- Resolve process or supplier related issues as escalated from the BPSC and/or the Businesses, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Engineering.
- Focus on value delivery and sustainable competitive advantage for the Business Partner.
- Ability to persuade others through effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- Initiative to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
- Utilization of data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities
- Responsive to partner needs.
Education / Experience:
- Work experience should include membership in dynamic, results oriented teams; work with multiple functions or businesses; and at least three years experienced in a commercial, shared services, industrial/manufacturing, or engineering related job role Degree: Bachelor
- Financial analysis
- Market analysis
- Team building
- Virtual teamwork
- Communications (both oral and written)
- Manipulation and analysis of data
- Proficiency within applicable procurement systems including data retrieval
- Tactical thinking
- The ability to work across cultures and geographies, as the position may touch numerous legal entities of the company.
- Basic Purchasing fundamentals (supplier relations, contracts, bid analysis)
- Procurement work process
- Purchasing policies
- Negotiation strategies and tactics
- Understanding of Dow's b
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.