- 23 januari 2019
- vacaturenummer: 80293
We have an exciting opportunity in our Engineering Solutions Department for a Civil Engineer at our Terneuzen, NLD location. This role is predominately responsible for civil/structural design (i.e., Structural Steel, Concrete Foundations, Piling, Pipe Supports, etc). He / She will supervise designers to develop and assemble contract packages in accordance with the project schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly learn and effectively apply the Dow design tools, work processes, standards, and best practices. The candidate is also expected to drive productivity and performance improvements.
- Assist with the Scope development during FEL/Project Definition Phase
- Develop Civil Design Packages using SP3D modeling software as well as Microstation.
- Create all required project documentation, including Civil Drawings, Demolition Photo Documents, Civil Job Instructions, etc.
- Provide overall responsibility for Code compliance and Structural Steel connection approval
- Create electronic drawings to scale indicating coordinates, dimensions, material specifications, and other standard information
- Archive and retrieve drawings using archive tools.
- Plot drawings and organize packages according to package standards before delivering to client.
- Has an understanding of design package standards.
- Support Civil Construction activities with clarification and/or technical support
- A minimum of 5-10 years civil/structural engineering experience is required on capital/expense projects
- Prior experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, or Energy industry is preferred.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel, including other detail design disciplines and personnel from diverse cultures.
- Proficient use of Civil Engineering Design tools is required.
- Excellent communication (written and oral in English) and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Experience in managing priorities and timelines simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering is required
- Master of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.