- 24 september 2018
- vacaturenummer: 79979
The main purpose of the Sourcing Technologist is to negotiate assigned tactical spends to generate financial benefits to Dow and provide purchasing support to the assigned sites and work in close collaboration with the Sourcing Managers and Sourcing Specialist.
- Negotiate supply pricing, lead times and delivery terms for assigned tactical spend items from assigned sites
- Work with system data on actual purchases to identify value opportunities to negotiate with suppliers
- Work with the partners and stakeholders to clarify the scope and specs, quality, volume, logistic and delivery requirements for new purchases and get aligned with approaches and results
- Resolves supplier issues as escalated from assigned sites and the Business Process Service Center (BPSC).
- Provides the Purchasing BPSC with the needed information to implement negotiated changes.
Daily tracking & reporting, including status/progress of negotiated requisitions
Education / Experience:
- College degree with 3 years supplier negotiation experience
- Experience with manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with MRO purchases preferred
- Negotiation Effectiveness with Dow external suppliers
- Communication and collaboration effectiveness with Dow internal clients/partners.
- Working knowledge of SAP and intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to resolve supplier related commercial issues for assigned remote sites
- Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic and challenging environment
- An understanding of industry and market dynamics and their effects upon supply.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.