- 14 augustus 2018
- vacaturenummer: 74444
Are you eager to deliver and realise a tailored marketing strategy for a growing Publishing division? Do you want to gain marketing experience in an international organization? Then we have got an exciting opportunity for you!
Within Elsevier’s Science, Technology and Medical Journals (STMJ) the Life Sciences Journal division manages an extensive collection of journals and is supported by the Marketing Communications department to deliver solid marketing strategy plans. As a Marketing Communications Manager in Elsevier’s Life Sciences group you deliver marketing strategy and marketing communication plans with respect to the development, acquisition, maintenance and quality of journals and services. You will also implement your formulated plans and take into account the overall STMJ publishing and marketing strategy.
You keep up with digital marketing trends and are keen to experiment with new marketing approaches. You execute research on business trends and opportunities, needs and competition. As a Marketing Communications Manager you frequently consult with our publishers to align marketing strategy and manage the allocated budgets.
As you will be working with several stakeholders spread across the world you have excellent communication skills and demonstrate cultural awareness. You possess strong organizational and strategic skills and you approach marketing plans with a creative and analytical mind!
You will be part of a global team of Marketing Communications Managers based in Amsterdam, London, New York and Philadelphia. You will report to the Senior Marketing Communication Manager Life Sciences based in Amsterdam.
• Develop marketing communications strategy for the assigned portfolio(s) and implement these plans
• Effectively manage planning, forecasting and monitoring against budget
• Understand Elsevier budgetary cycle, have a system for tracking expenditure and revenues for portfolios
• In coordination with and on request of experts identify communication gaps and develop key messages for the consistent communication of our selling points to our target audiences for journal marketing communications
• In coordination with either the Senior Managers or project Sponsors and Experts, help to establish and implement best practice work methods, communication strategies and generic actions for the Marketing Communications Departments across STMJ globally
• In pursuing the Business Unit/Elsevier strategy through appropriate tactics, also understands the trends and obstacles this presents within the context of the external business environment
• Keep Senior Management informed of progress & development of all relevant issues
• Facilitate relations with external contacts/ scientific world /societies
• Establish, manage and maintain excellent contacts with key stakeholders within the business: Publishing, Marketing Operations, Exhibits, Conference Department, Commercial Sales, Strategy & Journal Services, Corporate Communications, Academic Relations, Finance, IPD, and other Marketing departments.
What you should bring
• 2-3 years’ experience in a strategic marketing/communications position is apre
• Knowledge of print and digital marketing communications tools and techniques and related developments like social media and digital campaign marketing
• Good IT awareness and skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Strong relationship management skills
• Commercial awareness and negotiating skills
• Experience of working in complex international organizations strongly preferred
Are you looking for a new challenge and step in your career within Marketing? The application procedure is as follows:
1. Motivational letter + CV check
2. Interview call with Randstad
3. Interview at Elsevier (optional second interview)
Don't hesitate to contact us when you have questions regards this procedure.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.