- 14 augustus 2018
- vacaturenummer: 71135
The Translations Department delivers flawless translation services to his customers. The objective is to provide our customers with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text within the target deadline.
The Translator is responsible for delivering consistent and efficient translations of exposure scenarios and other documents related to Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S), Chemical, Engineering, Industrial, Legal and Human Resources (HR) work processes, using proper tools for translating.
• Translate customer requests within the target deadline.
• Effectively coordinate and prioritize job responsibilities to meet deadlines for work assignments.
• Provide customers with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text.
• Uphold the Dow reputation by providing excellent customer service.
• Receive and understand translation request. In case the request is not clear obtain more information from the requestor
• Read through original material and rewrite it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained
• Use specialist vocabulary, thesaurus and reference sources to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used
• Use the Dow system and/or other translation tools
• Research legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation
• Make sure deadlines are followed and timely communication about status is assured
• Deliver translation in original layout, graphics, document type as requested by the customer and use appropriate software for the presentation
• Proofread and edit final translated versions either from within BPSC or from freelancers
• Provide time estimates for the offered translation services
• When necessary work together with an expert/SME for final check and follow up on any changes
Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably a degree in translating
Experience in translating would be an advantage
• Excellent command of German and English
• Effective writing skills in both source (mainly English) and target (native) language
• Must be familiar with common technical terms and know the corresponding English words for those terms
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop applications
• Experience with Translation tools
• Cultural awareness and ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Customer service mindset
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects as appropriate
• High level of accuracy
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.