- 14 augustus 2018
- vacaturenummer: 63160
Do you have experience in accounting? And is working in an international environment an absolute plus for you? We are looking for a Site Services Cost Accountant Dow Benelux!
The Cost Accountant will be expected to apply their learned technical expertise with a very good Controllers background and/or a strong Business and/or Functional sense in specific areas related to financial, reporting, functional and legal requirements. This position requires significant interaction with site manufacturing leadership across Europe, finance analysts and other various contacts within the Finance Function and a good understanding of Dows Cost flows, dedication to data quality, aspiration for continuous improvement and a strong sense of team spirit.
In this role the Cost Accountant will be supporting functions within Site Services like Manufacturing Admin, Manufacturing Admin facilities, Manufacturing Labs, Manufacturing Property Infrastructure and Plant & Site Services. Other activities would be completing Statistics as well as monitoring and controlling the intercompany rebillings under the Hubco concept in Europe.
• Record accurate, timely, cost accounting transactions to ensure integrity of financial data and all account balances are reconciled, reviewed and supported
• Manage cost-object master data, assists internal partners in managing their cost / expense performance, and ensures expenses are recorded in the appropriate period.
• Coordinate and assist internal partners to complete annual budgets in line with Corporate, Business and Functional guidelines and timing
• Proactively partner with the internal partners and perform and support cost reporting and analyzes
• Support Product Cost Estimates and insure correct inventory valuation
• Support & provide input for financial estimates for supported functions
• Identify and appropriately communicate potential risks and identify improvement opportunities
• Focus on constant process standardization while ensuring to be compliant with local tax and governmental laws
• Educate functional partners on Accounting Policies and internal control matters, and advises on the potential impacts of their decisions. Resolves any problems identified as they arise
MBO 3/4 in Finance/Economics/Accounting
Bachelor in Finance/Economics/Accounting
Few years of experience in accounting would be an advantage
• Fluency in English (written & oral)
• Good command of one or more other European languages
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop applications
• Strong analytical skills
• Works independently, is self-motivated and accountable
• Ability to work towards tight deadlines and take independent action
• Customer service mindset
• Excellent planning & organization skills
• Good team player and troubleshooter
• Able to work with diverse, cross functional team members and business partners
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.