Hi, how nice that you're interested in working as an operator at Janssen Biologics in Leiden! Do you want to work for a company that is committed to society? Are you looking for a stable job for the long term? Can you work in shifts and are you willing to travel to Leiden? Then keep reading and start your new challenge soon!
- 25 augustus 2023
- vacaturenummer: 606816
Shift allowance, 8% vacation pay + year-end bonus
Directly an one-year contract at Janssen Biologics
Working in 2-shifts or 3-shifts
Opportunities for growth within the department
Work at the world's largest pharmaceutical company
Near the Central Station and free parking for cars
To be able to work as an operator, a strong motivation for why you want to work here is very important. In this role, being a team player and stress-resistant are crucial. Read below to see if you qualify for this position.
- You have experience as an operator and are familiar with GMP regulations.
- You have a degree in life sciences (MLO or HLO in Dutch);
- You are available to work from Monday to Sunday and can travel to Leiden.
As an operator, you will be involved in the production of medicines and make a significant contribution to society. The medicines are produced in the Operations department. The specific tasks of an operator depend on the sub-department you will work in, as Operations consists of various sub-departments. Read below for the key tasks as an operator.
- Installing and preparing fermenters.
- Daily monitoring of fermentors, including In Process Testing such as sampling, cell counting, and IgG measurement.
- Performing inoculation and harvest/medium change.
- Completing the fermentor run.
- Converting and replenishing the production line.
- Troubleshooting machine malfunctions.
- Recording production actions in batch records and logbooks.
Janssen Biologics in Leiden is part of the international pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson. Here, unique biopharmaceutical drugs are brought to the market through antibodies. As an operator, you will work within the Fermentation department. This is where the production of monoclonal antibodies takes place. You'll work in a clean room under GMP conditions.
- You'll receive shift allowance, 8% vacation pay, and a year-end bonus extra on your salary. The shift allowance is 13.5% for 2-shifts and 28.5% for 3-shifts.
- You will be directly employed by Janssen Biologics and start with a yearly contract with the possibility of a permanent contract.
- You'll receive 100% reimbursement for travel costs when using public transport. For private vehicles, there is a reimbursement of €0.21 per kilometer.
Watch the video below to take a look at your new employer.
After receiving your application, you'll hear from us within 24 hours. If we find your CV and motivation suitable, we'll call you for a telephone interview. We'll ask you for two references, so make sure you have the contact details. If the outcome of the selection interview and references is positive, we'll recommend you to Janssen Biologics.
This is how applying for a job is done via Randstad. Find out how we can help you find a job.
Glad you're applying! We review your application and assess whether you are suitable for the position and the company.
the first contact.
Our recruiter will call or email you. We will discuss your application and your career options.
we meet each other.
Have you never worked through Randstad before? Then we need some basic information from you. We invite you for a short introduction.
the job interview.
We will arrange the interview for the position you applied for. Or for another, perhaps more suitable, job!
your new job.
Congratulations! You are hired. We ensure that you start your first working day fully prepared.