- 06 april 2018
- vacaturenummer: 47364
With our products Elsevier helps to progress and advance health science. Professionals use our products to make decisions on therapies, drugs, diseases as well as development of these. With our products we enable our customers to access information in an effective way. Our products allow customers to uncover for example drug/device-disease relationships, drug-drug interactions, search drug approval documents and increase the discovery of biomedical evidence and providing comprehensive, up-to-date biomedical information.
For Elsevier's Content Representation and Enrichment Group we are looking for a Taxonomy Editor to support the department from May - December.
The taxonomy editor will be working on development and maintenance of taxonomies, embedded in the Elsevier Life Science Solutions portfolio. These taxonomies are the backbone of the search functionality of our products allowing our customers to do structured searches in our databases. Therefore this position is a place where a significant impact can be made on the user experience of our products.
You will be working closely with (technical) taxonomy managers and internal and external experts to build, improve and expand taxonomies from the content point of view. We have an open minded and dedicated team working on several Elsevier products. The team consists of people with different backgrounds of scientific expertise. Our team needs a person that is critical, creative and loves to puzzle for the best solution.
What you will be doing:
You will be working on our taxonomies to make improvements in several areas. You will be using information from external suppliers to make editorial decisions. You will receive in-house on-the-job training to learn the ins and outs of the editorial work on taxonomies.
What you should bring:
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in life sciences (biomedical or medical domain)
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills, able to quickly understand complex processes
- Your creative and critical look is one of your main assets.
- Working experience with medicinal/pharmacological databases is not required but a plus.
- Experience with the creation, maintenance and usage of scientific thesauri/taxonomies is not required but a plus.
- Knowledge of thesaurus management system(s) as well as a background in semantics is not required but a plus.
Apply now! If you have questions, contact Amir Azimi
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.