Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson and is passionate about the development, production and marketing of vaccines to prevent and combat infectious diseases. The Drug Substance Operations (DSO) department has a GMP manufacturing facility at the Bioscience Park in Leiden where we proudly produce groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV and Ebola. This is also the place where we will be producing the COVID-19 vaccine material.
What we offer:
- A intake salary of 2700 (the salary is determined on the basis of education and experience)
- A workplace at an international and widely respected organization
- A pleasant working environment with opportunities to develop yourself and where showing initiative is appreciated
- A working week of 40 hours
- ADV allowance of 5.5% on top of your salary
- Free online training through GoodHabitz
- Full compensation for public transport or a kilometer fee
The Bacterial Vaccines department focuses on the research and development of vaccines against infectious diseases. Within the Bacterial Vaccines department, the preclinical immunology group evaluates the immunogenicity and efficacy of potential vaccine candidates against infectious diseases in animal models. The main focus of the group is to conduct proof of concept studies and to generate appropriate scientific data that enable our vaccine candidates to progress towards clinical phase evaluation.
We are looking for a motivated Assistant Scientist that will be involved in studies to evaluate the immunogenicity and efficacy of vaccine candidates. The candidate will work mainly with immunological and microbiological techniques and will be responsible for the development and execution of in vitro assays, data analysis, reporting and presentation. Good skill in documentation, evaluating and reporting results are required.
Work will be performed under supervision of a Scientist. Work will be performed under BSL2 (vaccination may be required) with minimal day-to-day supervision.
Who you are
- Bachelor or Master degree (BSc/MSc) in a relevant discipline such as biology, life sciences, or related fields.
- Previous experience working with microbiological and/or immunological methods (e.g. cell culture, bacterial culture, ELISA, flow cytometry, bactericidal and phagocytic assays, T cell assays and B cell ELISpot) is required
- You have a valid working permit
- You are a team player, flexible, and driven to produce work of the highest quality.
- Fluency in English, both verbally and written, is an absolute requirement.
Do you have any questions or would you like to know more? Please contact us at 071-5162525 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested, we ask you to apply online for this vacancy of Assistant Scientist at Janssen Vaccines & prevention in Leiden. Do not forget to upload your recent CV in Word and include a motivation.
What will happen to your application?
After receiving your application, you will hear from us within 24 hours. If we find you suitable based on your CV and motivation, we will call you for a selection interview by telephone and ask you for two references. If the outcome of the selection interview is positive, we will introduce you to Janssen Vaccines & prevention.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.