General Ledger Accountant | Temporary contract (approx. 7 months) | Fulltime | Immediately
For this Fortune 500 company we are looking for an GL accountant with knowledge of the US GAAP, accounting, SAP and who can start immediately . This is a temporary position for approximately 7 months.
As GL Accountant you will be part of a dynamic and growing team responsible for the financial accounting and reporting for certain legal entities. This includes ensuring a timely and accurate monthly close, preparing the annual statutory accounts and supporting the US GAAP and Statutory audits and setting up and maintaining a robust control environment.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of US GAAP and local statutory financial statements of the assigned legal entities.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process.
- Control and maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations and balance sheet reviews with management and internal/external auditors
- Coordinates Internal and external audits for assigned legal entities.
- Preparation of local statutory Financial Statements.
- Manage the preparation of ASC 740 tax reporting for the assigned entity and ensure timely filing of local corporate income tax returns in conjunction with the Fortive Corporate Tax Department;
- Drive efficiencies and process improvements, ensuring compliance with company policy & procedures, local and US GAAP requirements
Where will you work?
The company is a leader in infection prevention; helping facilities prevent healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and in creating the safest possible environments for patients and their families, healthcare workers, providers, and communities. You will be part of a dynamic team supporting the team on various accounting activities.
Qualifications/skills and knowledge:
To be successful in this role, we expect the candidate to bring the following skills and experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting within an international / US organization
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and local statutory/tax regulations and in-depth experience on compliance and accounting requirements across multi EMEA jurisdictions. Experience with local GAAP and IFRS is considered a plus
- A ‘hands on’ work style, comfortable with the detail, and able to move seamlessly between tactical and strategic issues as required.
- Proficiency with ERP system(s) (SAP preferred) and Microsoft Office with solid Excel skills and experience with Hyperion
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, handle a demanding and fluctuating workload and at the same time provide accurate and reliable data.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus.
What do we offer?
- A salary of max. €4.200 gross based on 40 hours, depending on knowledge and experience.
- A temporary contract for 7 months
- A nice challenging job at one of the world leading companies.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.