Do you have a strong scientific background in Life Sciences and a fundamental knowledge of bioassays? Is your main focus pharmacology or cell biology? And do you like to work with scientific content enhancement and publishing processes? Then apply to become a Content Scientist at Elsevier in Amsterdam!
Elsevier is a part of the RELX group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. As the world’s leading provider of science and health information, Elsevier serves more than 30 million scientists, students and health and information professionals worldwide. A global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7,000 people in 24 countries.
Randstad is looking on behalf of Elsevier for a Database Content Scientist. In this role, you will be working on quality assurance of developments and improvements on both manual and automatic content extraction for Elsevier Life Science databases with focus on pharmacological database(s).
You will participate in defining quality standards, content extraction guidelines, developing and preparing test plans and test sets. Performing quality control of extracted data and providing feedback for improvements in the extraction process are key factors for success in this position.
Next to that, you’ll also be working on curation of term dictionaries and taxonomies which will be used in the extraction pipeline. Ensuring that changes in the extraction pipeline have the effect intended by the design/development team will also be part of the job.
- You have a strong scientific background in Life Sciences (main focus: Pharmacology and/or Cell biology) with fundamental knowledge and understanding of bioassays.
- Minimum degree: Ph.D. in Pharmacology and/or Cell biology (or equivalent)
- You have at least one year of lab experience.
- Good understanding of biomedical information systems, databases and data organization
- Knowledge of scientific content enhancement processes, data mining, search engines, data indexing, scientific thesauri and controlled vocabularies is a plus
- Basic experience with SQL, SPA RQL, PERL or Python is a plus
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing standards and procedures is a plus
- Experience with agile development frameworks, e.g. Scrum is a plus
- You are cooperative, service-minded and pro-active approach to working with colleagues inside and outside the department
- You are a collaborative and assertive team-player who enjoys working in a large team of knowledge workers
Elsevier is one of the leaders in the analytics field. You will work in an international environment where you can build your career You will receive a contract via Randstad to work at Elsevier until 31-3-2021. There is the possibility and intention for renewal after this. Next to that, you will receive a salary of €3225,- based on a 36 hours contract. If you prefer to work 32 hours, this can be discussed, and you have the opportunity to work flexible hours. Due to the current situation you will be working from home and collaborate with your team remotely.
Interested? Apply directly via the button below! We look forward to receiving your application.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.