Are you the eager, ambitious and promising Operational Purchaser that we are looking for? Do you want to work in a young and dynamic environment? Do you want to work on challenging, multi-disciplinary projects in a high-tech environment? If so, we kindly invite you to apply.
As Operational Purchaser you are responsible for ordering and expediting purchased goods and services. Challenges include realizing material availability for production and projects? Within the supply chain you fulfill a central role which concerns communicating with colleagues, customer and suppliers, on various continents and time zones.
Within your role you apply principals, concepts, practices and standards of a professional field to complete a variety of on-going assignments and projects. Analyzes quantitative information and applies professional judgment to resolve a variety of issues. Impacts team effectiveness through responsibility for the quality of own work and potentially the work of others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing materials, parts and services > 5 mio € per year.
- Negotiating within a defined framework on price and delivery time.
- Coordination Procurement system : Coupa.
- Preparing, placing and closing written and electronic orders.
- Checking project orders against order confirmations.
- Discussing any deviations from the order with the supplier.
- Monitoring all relevant supply chain information (such as quotations, orders and correspondence) and taking appropriate action.
- Preparing reports in line with hierarchical and functional procedures (within projects and programs).
- Monitoring delivery times and conditions, and intervening in case of (threatened) breaches or conflict situations.
- Archiving quotes and orders and maintaining relevant files (such as the purchasing address database).
- Secondary vocational (MBO/MBO+) level.
- NEVI MIL and/or NEVI 1 certification.
- Minimal 2 years` experience in the Purchasing / Procurement field.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Excel skills are preferred.
- Understanding of Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- Good oral/written communication skills in Dutch and English.
About XPO Logistics:
At XPO Logistics we are passionate in driving value for our clients through committed and experienced people, flexibility, operational excellence, lean principles, and a company culture built on the foundation of our 6 core values: Trustworthy, Responsive, United, Committed, Entrepreneurial and Safety-focused.
You`ll find that we`re passionate about helping our customers operate their supply chains more effectively. Equally important are our qualitative resources: our zero-failure mentality, our deep experience in every service we offer, and our ability to provide integrated, end-to-end supply chain solutions to large accounts.
The Site Amsterdam is supporting a single High Tech customer operated from 3 different facilities. The facilities specialize in services for the high-tech industry and provide, amongst others, (de)kitting, cross-dock, Value Added Services, Inventory management and returns management services.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivation letter to us.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.