Medewerker Gevaarlijke Stoffen
Safety first! Are you a graduated Hazardous Substances Employee and are you in for a new challenge in the agricultural business? Do not look any further, this is the job you're looking for!
The main part of the role is to ensure all substances that are used/ are planned to be used are fully assessed for their suitability. If they are not fit for use, after robust assessment, this must be advised. If they are fit for use they need to be fully assessed taking into account how they will be used and at which exposure levels. Safe ways of handling must be created (workplace instruction cards) for point of use handling.
Materials to be handled include: Raw materials, Lab materials, technical articles, pesticides, fertilizers. The full assessment will need to take into account the knowledge of the workplace, information from the managers / prevention officers. He / she will use leading models to be able to assess the risk such as ¿ART¿. Therefore this part of the role is mainly office based, but will involve necessary production sites visits in order to make a proper assessment of exposure.
Besides the obvious need for functional competence, the role needs the following skills and attributes:
- The role works closely with procurement for the release of new raw materials which will be needed in a timely fashion and with the production facilities to understand the risk and ensuring the users know how to handle the materials. Hence good verbal and written communication skills are required in English, German and Dutch. Influencing skills are really important, as when critical hazardous substance use has to be prevented, or greatly restricted, the role holder will work closely with the NIC Director, Purchasing Director and Continuous Improvement Director.
- The role holder is a team player working closely with other HS Officers within the organization.
Health and safety support
Although 80% of the role will be in the area of managing hazardous substances, the role will support the general health and safety within the Netherlands and will work closely with the H&S Officers NL to achieve this. The work carried out will depend on the knowledge of the role holder but could well include:
- Safety inspections and internal audits of mills
- Preparation of a newsletter in the area of health & safety and putting relevant information onto the narrowcasting system
- Working on projects in the area of H&S
- Providing training in the areas of Health & Safety
- Conducting, guiding and supporting risk assessments
- HBO + / university degree, ideally within the area of health and safety and preferably in the agricultural sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of occupational hygiene is required
- In possession of a diploma in Occupational Hygiene is required and ideally a Higher Security Studies (HVK)
- Knowledge of Advanced REACH Tool (ART) is needed
- Knowledge of ATEX important parameters in the context of substances is required
- Experience of advising on health and safety in a production is preferred
- Knowledge of the agricultural sector is preferred
- Command of English, Dutch and German language spoken and written is essential
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is preferred
Are you the one we are looking for? Please contact us!
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.