What you get to do in this role:
- Become a member of the cloud networking team taking on all proactive elements of networking within Operations. This team is the interface to the SRE team on one side and the Cloud Networking Services engineering team on the other.
- Ability to advise and mentor network specialists in the SRE team. Goal is to serve as a point-of-escalation and continually uplift their capability
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with multiple parties during the execution of changes or complex, multi-tiered projects.
- Review and operate the current monitoring systems and make changes and recommendations based on gaps identified
- Review and operate device management strategy and make changes and recommendations based on gaps identified
- Perform ongoing analysis of the data in CMDB and the monitoring systems to ensure hygiene, alert thresholds, and validate alarms are present in the NOC Console
- Own and drive testing/implementation projects received from the Cloud Networking Services team
- Partner with the Data Center and Ops teams to plan and execute software code upgrades and device maintenance
- Transition new platforms and services from engineering into operations.
- Develop and maintain automations to ensure devices are configured and operating within defined standards
- Develop and maintain automations to investigate and resolve alerts and issues on the network
- Develop and maintain internal tools to assist with operating the network infrastructure at scale
- Provide feedback to the CNS team on architecture, design decisions, tools used, and automations.
- Review alarms generated by tools to analyze for areas of improvements or enhancements.
- Feedback to Infrastructure and Development teams on how to improve overall quality and reliability of the service.
- Ability to own and drive specific tasks or projects as identified by the Network engineering team.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The candidate should have a solid foundation in networking including routing, switching, security and load
balancing. A proven track record and experience in working in an industry-leading operations
organization. A background in or exposure to software development such as scripting, automation, and
SDLC would be beneficial. The following is a list of requirements for this role:
- Possess a solid understanding of and have experience with most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, ISIS, MCLAG, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. Knowledge of MPLS is a plus.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP (common packet headers, protocol innerworkings) and routing protocols (BGP, ISIS and OSPF)
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with Juniper’s JunOS. Knowledge or experience with Cisco IOS considered a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of F5 load-balancers required.
- In depth knowledge of troubleshooting and monitoring tools like tcpdump & Wireshark required
- Linux/unix basic system administration and troubleshooting knowledge are plus.
- Cumulus Linux knowledge and experience are a plus.
- JNCIE or CCIE preferred.
- no relocation and no visa sponsorship is offered for this role.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.